I’m Going to Miss Super Mario Bros. 35

alex218
alex218

I really hope they will make an expansion of this like Mario 50. Plz tell me that online users were beta testing this whole time and the game is not finalized. PLZ…..

Jordan Payne
Jordan Payne

Solemn words

Sir Piguithy
Sir Piguithy

I think it is a shame that Super Mario 35 is going away, however, I don't think this is the last we'll be seeing of it. Nintendo is many things, stupid is one of them at times. However, they never struck me as the type to develop something only to discard it. That's a waste of time, effort and money, and Nintendo, as a company is not wasteful. Far from it. I have a feeling Super Mario 35 was an experiment of some sort under the guise of a celebration but will return in a full fledged project. Because, if I may be a bit honest here, I do think the game got a bit stale. I got a good 50 something victories and never felt the need to return to it. Tetris 99 has infinite replayability because Tetris by itself has a formula that works on the basis of being a puzzle game with no end. Where as with this game, after awhile, it feels like I'm playing a romhack of the original Super Mario Brothers with a trick that wore out it's welcome. That's not to say they cannot build upon the formula. I encourage it. But we'll have to see how they move past this game after the 31st.

With that said, seeing as how they celebrated Mario, my expectations for Zelda's anniversary celebration are very low. Especially if they celebrate in a similar fashion to Mario, seeing as how well that went for them, financially speaking.

Bryan Youn
Bryan Youn

John actually looks much brighter and happier after leaving GameXplain

maydoe
maydoe

rip mario 10 + 15 + 10

JoshB83
JoshB83

Damn. I thought they were just taking it off the E Shop. It never occurred to me that they would remove it completely. 😢

Hirokou
Hirokou

I wasn’t able to play this game because I’ve been waiting for the online itself to get better first to then pay for the service again.
Now I will never be able to.

Taco Cat
Taco Cat

I didn't like it but it's still dumb that they are taking it down.

DASH64
DASH64

Just got into this game, aaaand its leaving so soon.

sigh….ah crap

Sandman 89
Sandman 89

I’m not bothered just played it a few times

Nolan Hansen
Nolan Hansen

Jon: Please, bring it back.
Nintendo: Did you hear something?

YuseiTheSynchroHero
YuseiTheSynchroHero

I know you briefly mentioned the other Mario games being done in this style but I think: Even adding the Lost Levels… levels into the rotation would have been HUGE. Imagine going from 1-1 to 2-1 to 8-3 of Lost Levels.

With the Lost Levels added, yoy would HAVE to manage your resources much more carefully and sometimes, you might have to sponge a hit or two JUST to get to a safe haven and grab more coins.

Imagine going through C-3 with those green trampolines and the DAMN WIND while dealing with everything else thrown at you. Wild, right…?

Yeah, we're gonna miss this but we'll never forget it. Years down the road, we'll be old and talking about Super Mario 35. Lmao.

EDIT: Alternatively, the Lost Levels levels could be isolated into its own space like Tetris 99's Maximus Cup where ONLY the winners can play in it.

H U
H U

That Zelda collection ❤️

mariomadproductions
mariomadproductions

If they are killing Mario, does that mean they can bring Paper Mario back from the dead to replace him?

felicia kramer
felicia kramer

how come you guys havent posted anything else about story of seasons instead of all this mario stuff, and make alex do it hes my fave 🙂

That one dude who posted stuff
That one dude who posted stuff

I'm here from 2025 and no they still haven't brought it back 🙁

Cooper Saffell
Cooper Saffell

Don’t be sad that it’s over. Be glad that it happened 😇

…and it also means they’ll start the Zelda 35th celebrations 🎉

Calam
Calam

Hear me out, they find a way to bring some kind of gameplay like this to Mario Maker 2! I know it’s unlikely but would be cool

Kyle Evanson
Kyle Evanson

Ill miss it such a good little game to pick up and play for 20 30 mins like john said should definetly had other bits of mario games on it like 3 and world it would have been amazing maybe random levels from each game as u finished a level will be missed

Colin Gibbgery
Colin Gibbgery

What if Super Mario Maker 2 gets an update with a Super Mario 35 mode comprised of user-created levels?

Supervideogamer9
Supervideogamer9

John really needs to stop doing the camera segments they don’t work well for him

Trami Nguyen
Trami Nguyen

Oh no!

zombies in your backyard
zombies in your backyard

It would be dope if they did a donkey Kong battle royal style sending other barrels to other online players 🍌

Cody Richmond
Cody Richmond

Ever since October, I've put around 95 hours into it because it's such an addicting game and it's just a sad thing that we will never be able to go back to it.

AJ
AJ

i HIGHLY doubt this concept is gonna be gone forever

in the files of the game there was data for the lost levels and maybe they’re planning to just rerelease it as mario bros 100 and add lost levels as an option

- glossy
- glossy

Its great sometimes only thing I play