The media is manipulating YOU! #StopAsianHate #BlackLivesMatter

J Fl
J Fl

Yes! Yes it is trying to!

BLACK JAM
BLACK JAM

Kinda hard…I love me some thicc asians. just saying.

Profane Gunman
Profane Gunman

we bless the rains on Cornelia Street
we bless the rains on Cornelia Street

Me after seeing the title : YES

RowdyKid
RowdyKid

Addicted to this girl, in a healthy way of course.

Pius Ioannes I
Pius Ioannes I

Someone needs to buy CNN and rename it to CNN (Conservative News Network).

Pius Ioannes I
Pius Ioannes I

Someone needs to buy CNN and rename it to CNN (Conservative News Network).

Notmy Realname
Notmy Realname

I love this gorgeous goth and her pretty nose ring and her attractive voice!

Kjartan kubijeschkin
Kjartan kubijeschkin

Gothix has done more against racism than all this SJW and BLM pussies.

ANGRY PATRIOT
ANGRY PATRIOT

I cant wait for her to talk about this because ive been kinda asking my self this question I'd love to listen to your view Gothix because so far everything you've said I havent found anything that would lead it to be false

Andrew Lukomsky
Andrew Lukomsky

Eep eep eep, it's a premier! That means it's got to be good

Kenny Omg
Kenny Omg

Even in the most charitable way, the media is manipulating people.

So the most charitable interpretation of what drives the political bias of media companies, is that the individuals working there have their biases and believes like anyone else. Their decisions on what and how event are covered is based on what they truly believe.

As a media company, your brand is build on trust. The consumer needs to trust that you deliver objective and valuable information. (Although this isn't actually true, because the consumer only needs to get something of value. For example rage creates dopamine. So rage bait is valuable to the consumer)

Every person has a bias. What you'd like as an objective media is to make clear what your bias is and differentiate opinion and fact. Also make sure that you have a healthy and balance political office culture. Prevent echo chambers.

So what about manipulation?
If you watch something which has you convinced they are objective and focus on important facts, then you internalise that information. The information changes you. If your source is biased and they do nothing to prevent or be transparent about that bias, then you internalise their bias through the information.

To prevent this for yourself is critical thinking (no, not critical theory :P) and absorb information from sources with different biases to prevent yourself from falling in an echo chamber. You should never be afraid of opposing views, because eventually no lie can beat the truth. Opposing views can only sharpen your perspective.

XxSoraMifunexX
XxSoraMifunexX

half glances over my phone
… Ya don't say?

Next you're gonna be telling me the Sun is warm.