The Open World of Mafia 3 – Moonshine and Mistakes | Walking the Walk – FA

Matthew Ventures
Matthew Ventures

Excellent thoughts, much appreciated. I think the lighting convo at 9:20 is a bit incorrect. Most games have a mix of both dynamic and baked lighting (or "static" as you said) so it may be misleading to consider it a binary.

Vinay Ingle
Vinay Ingle

Walking the Walk is the very best of your content bro. <3

Bruce Michael
Bruce Michael

Mafia 2 had the same exact problem. They make this beautiful world with landmarks and crazy details, but there’s nothing to really do other than drive around and take it all in. There’s something to that style of game, but it’s also limiting. And then when the game actually goes, it’s a pretty piss poor third person shooter. A loan shark mini game, maybe some kind of property acquisition mechanic, ANYTHING would’ve made it feel more legitimate.

Jérôme Cordeau
Jérôme Cordeau

Beautiful game but the gameplay and story ….

Jay Silva
Jay Silva

I love how you go back and appreciate these open world games like Origins. Mafia 3 is my favorite open world game of 8th gen. It's no GTA but I played this game 4 times over and the dlc and never got bored. You can say it's repetitive but so is RPGs, sports and FPS. Every Mafia game has been rock solid!

BlackArro Cartoons
BlackArro Cartoons

Mafia 3 is like Driver 5 to me. The 70's style muscle cars, open world and on foot like Driv3r.

Stealth Pyjamas
Stealth Pyjamas

Hey Karak, all of your videos are too notch content but your Walking the Walks are a personal favourite of mine. My daughter was born a little over a week ago, and when I'm settlling her down for sleep at night, I throw on a WtW video. By the time I hit the end, we're both ready for sleep!

Watched AC Origins last night and have since downloaded it (after buying on a good sale price of course!). Looking forward to tucking into that soon. Keep up the good work!

Eclecticon
Eclecticon

Not having light hearted open world activities is the downfall for both GTAV and Mafia 3. In San Andreas you could at least buy a hotdog from a stand.

david rodriguez
david rodriguez

Give me Sleeping dogs open world Square Enix…

Linus D N
Linus D N

Why not make new videos lol? So many great games deserve this format

Colin Bright
Colin Bright

your walking the walks amaze me karak we miss alot of things you point out 😎👌

Michael H
Michael H

Loved this game, a 60fps boost on series x/s/ps5 would be great

Tomkmb
Tomkmb

I enjoyed the aesthetic of this game, the time period, the music, the album cover/magazine collectables were all great for creating a vibe. What really let this game down for me was that I just felt so alone in the open world, it 'looked' lived in but it didn't 'feel' lived in, not once did I find myself intuitively going up to NPC's and seeing how they would react with me or watch NPC's from a distance as they do different things – That's a powerful feature of Rockstar games for me. Also the mission game play was repetitive as hell, I was a one Man army at all times and no one could stop me, it was just boring after a while.

ShamelessPlace
ShamelessPlace

Are there any plans to ReMaster III, to fix some of this??? Also I have to say, After watching this; honestly I thought you had some knowledge on games but nothing in depth, and just reviewed them,,, But GODDAMN I am IMPRESSED at the knowledge you have on the entire spectrum of the game production process and different facets of creation. From hard science of sound design (you're fav I'm certain) to game theory. My view of you and your skill has been reassessed and reaffirmed. Good on you!!!!

Mario Piccard
Mario Piccard

This was, is and still Will be my favorite 8th gen game. Cause it has took me 5 years to complete the main story and the dlc's. I did not play it in one take. But in random occassional bits and days of a few hours a time. It gave me An incredible story, Fun gameplay with driving cool Cars and great soundtrack! A stealth/action take on missions that took severe trial and error, but are completely satisfaiing. In a open world game that i Found interesting,with random enemy encounters,because they respawn. There are bugs, glitches and frustrations. But the overal Fun i had was even better than GTA V gave me. I bought it on PS4 Pro, X Box One S and X, An sealed copy for PC that remains sealed. I bought it digital for the remastered Trilogy. And i bought a physical copy of the remastered Trilogy for a friend in the USA as a gift. Probably getting another copy for myself too, because i love the art. I own a giant cardboard advertisement panel from a store , the wallet , a collector's guide and i'm looking to buy the collector's edition too. This game and is probably my most beloved gaming world of all time.

Douglas Dillingham
Douglas Dillingham

25:18 "…Mafia 5" Karak is from the future

DarkArterialGore
DarkArterialGore

Mafia 3 is a disgusting looking game, which is somewhat bizarre considering it uses the same engine as Mafia 2 which looked great.

Kitsune
Kitsune

This game suffered the same fate as L.A Noire did, awesome open world but never used to it's full potential. But Mafia 3 also had a poor story/repetetive gameplay imo.

Star of Vega
Star of Vega

It was a good game. I liked it.

Miyagi FatGhost
Miyagi FatGhost

The game is a CLASSIC

Justin
Justin

Alright game spent a lot of time on this one, to many minor bugs and empty spaces. Spaces where empty of npcs layers and textures. Ps4, even indoors.

Legend of Nibbaheem
Legend of Nibbaheem

A Masterpiece of a game in my book

Paul
Paul
1 month ago

Just got around to playing this and all dlc. So, so underrated. It knows what it wants to do and does it. It is NOT a GTA clone. Doesn't even try to be. It has its faults but it also has a seriously high fun factor.

Greensiteofhell
Greensiteofhell
1 month ago

You dont buy things, you rob them 😉