Black Widow : Another MCU Box Office Success – But Why?

Ian
Ian

I can kind of buy the movie theater box office, hell I went to a late viewing and the theater was pretty damn packed. But the 60 million dollars from Disney plus? 2 million HOUSEHOLDS? Sorry I can't get behind that one lol

Baker Harris
Baker Harris

As someone once recently told me, these people inserting woke and far left political ideas into our culture and established franchises are essentially telling us "We are in control and can do whatever we want with your precious franchises and you'll never be able to stop us no matter what you do" essentially they are telling us to just smile and accept the crap they give us or else.

Lavon Media
Lavon Media

Cause it’s a damn marvel movie Jeremy, that’s why.

Justin Manny
Justin Manny

Sorry but something fishy in the Mouse House.

arod2006
arod2006

Seeing Black Widow for a 3rd time

The MulToyVerse
The MulToyVerse

There is only two reasons that this movie appears to be doing good. One, there is a big fan base for this established MCU to help it get this high in the box office, ot two, Disney is cooking the books.

Travis Ransdell
Travis Ransdell

I’m with you guys on Disney sucking ass on the corporate side and it’s politics…
But Black Widow wasn’t all that bad..
And it most certainty didn’t “make me squeam”
It’s no end game…infinity war…or Civil War.
But it fits in the MCU nicely wasn’t as preachy as I thought it would be

Reclusive On3
Reclusive On3

Honestly didnt mind it…

Ernest Addams
Ernest Addams

You didn't enjoy it because you're looking to wave your agenda flag. I'm sure your arms are tired by now clown.

Joe Concepts
Joe Concepts

I will admit I will always be willing to watch a Marvel movie because they’ve made it a series I want to keep following. I watched the movie and I enjoyed it. I’m not “sheeple” and I’m no social justice warrior. Most people I know would probably consider me to lean conservative as far as politics goes. I just enjoyed it. I don’t care what some actor interview says about it, I saw nothing “woke” about it. The two leads are female and the villain is a white guy. One of the heroes was also a white guy. Often played for comic relief, but still steps up to be a hero. I didn’t catch any “men are bad” messages, and even brief glimpses of Black Widow’s past in other movies already suggested she was turned into what she was as a girl with other girls. I enjoyed the action, I enjoyed the characters.

Ancestor Empire
Ancestor Empire

Rotten Tomatoes: Trust us, we have your best intentions in my mind.
Me: “I sense you are trying to deceive me”

Caros Velásquez
Caros Velásquez

Disney buying their own shit 😕

Reece Wiczy
Reece Wiczy

I’m really curious as to what the following weekend box office will be

Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Let's audit those ticket sales!

thundercron77
thundercron77

Spoiler much?

Jing Soo Cho
Jing Soo Cho

I have to say I disagree with this one. Black widdow didn’t really have an agenda ridden theme to it at all. In fact it was pretty good and I can see why the audience enjoyed along with the critics

Nick The Lego Bounty Hunter Network
Nick The Lego Bounty Hunter Network

It succeeded because it was good

Blazing Ocean
Blazing Ocean

Out of 7 Billion people on this planet, 2 million people watched Black Widow in Disney Plus and extra 17 million on subscription alone.

Reece Wiczy
Reece Wiczy

Agree it fell short in acts 2 and 3

Rusty Shackleford
Rusty Shackleford

You have no right to complain about wokeness if you continue to give Disney your money and attention. It's only going to get worse from here with the political crap.

Stroker Lionwater
Stroker Lionwater

If they can jerk around with poll numbers and lie to us, then those Disney + and Rotten Tomato audience scores can be jerked around and jacked up too. I don't know. Don't have Disney + anymore and haven't seen Black Widow. Just sayin'. Peace

lunaderacine
lunaderacine

Interest in this movie was pretty low prior to release since it was taking so long. I think they inflated the numbers so that they don't disappoint investors.. at the same time the hype make people curious to see the film, so it's a double edged sword sorta thing.

Amoneywilson
Amoneywilson

How can we call it a success if they still haven’t cover the movie budget cost?

Outdoor Life 4 Me
Outdoor Life 4 Me

There was literally NOTHING else out there for people to see.
F9???
C'mon, that movie makes this one look like a classic.

Chris B
Chris B

Still gonna pass. Plus I don’t trust box office sales or RT after the empty seats we saw in the past after the ticket sails said there were people for the seats.

I AM BEOWULF 51275D
I AM BEOWULF 51275D

If these number hold up, and I don’t think they will, it’s only because it’s starring Scarlett J.. We love Scarlett, and she finally got a the movie she deserved, even it’s not about her.