Halo Infinite Angers Fans, Replaces Color Customization With Monetized Shaders Called “Coatings”

YongYea
YongYea

The more I hear about Halo Infinite the more worried I get. On a positive note, for real, the enthusiasm towards the new merch store has been super uplifting, thank you all. <3

SURPRISE MECHANICS (MERCH): http://www.yongyea.com

– BattleBladeWar

– Mark Taylor

– Theron Webb

– Yue

Cutesy Wraith
Cutesy Wraith

Waiting to see when they make playable elites post launch paid dlc

808Preme
808Preme

You know they could add customization like Warframe talking about colors wise, also destiny’s shader system is absolute trash but also if we bombard 343 enough maybe they will listen to the community

Atreuso
Atreuso

At this rate they are going to start selling an nword pass soon

Bones
Bones

I remember color customization used to be a very common GIVEN in any game…. I guess old technology is just much more superior lmao. This new tech is just so so outdated compared to ancient "free" methods. It just keeps having so many problems that somehow can only be solved by monetization.

Gta Takes forever
Gta Takes forever

This is hilarious. Everyone is so pissed about colors.

brink of time
brink of time

Hey folks. Cut them some slack.
Of course they would have a hard time programming a detached rgb-choose-your-own-color option from coatings.
They couldn't even make the game look reasonably decent ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Redsyrup
Redsyrup

Unlockables have been replaced by Micro Transactions. GD just charge me more upfront. I'll have a better game playing experience that way. If it means games need to cost $70 ea. just do that pubs. Stop nickel and diming us. I buy less games because of this BS.

Dopo
Dopo

I feel ashamed that an xbox player like myself has played halo on xbox for years and suddenly it turns to customization crazy to a sudden cash grab and monetization

Who are you bro
Who are you bro

lets just face it halo infinite is over even before launch rip

nartimmt
nartimmt

lol, Bungie made monetized shaders when d2 launched….
343: HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

Adam Lannerd
Adam Lannerd

I want to shoot people and win matches. I couldn't give a fuck less about the color of my weapon or armor that I cant even see.

Joseph Kong
Joseph Kong

Some how this does not surprise me anymore. I have a dumb theory though, it is all gamepass fault. Think about it you are able to play any game you want for 30$ a month. The publishers are not going to make any profit that way. To make money they have to find a way to nickels and dimes the player base. Gamepass sounded like a great idea for the consumer and Microsoft to draw in the players but the publishers and developers are not going to make as much anymore. Maybe because I am bias cause Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and State of decay who were suppose to be AAA games from well known developers ended up barely B-tier shovelware type games.

Rodrigo Méndez Figueroa
Rodrigo Méndez Figueroa

343 Are greedy as fuck, hope this game flops big.

Jesse Valle
Jesse Valle

I'd be fine if 343i made us pay to get certain armor pieces or whole suits that are exclusive to microtransactions. But making us pay just for simple colors??? This ain't it Chief.

PsychoSocial
PsychoSocial

I grew up on Halo but it has been dying for me since Halo: Reach…

But It is now officially dead to me…

My love for Halo will only exist in fond memories.

Arcamean
Arcamean

I don't know why anyone is surprise by this behavior, it's a major reason I don't get hyped for games anymore… why should I when they're just gonna get crammed with not so micro "micro" transactions?

Nick Nevco
Nick Nevco

I seem to be never going to see a new mission with the chief, he has entered a realm I can not venture into

superbad8008
superbad8008

Hopefully it will at least be better than Black Desert Online’s dye system.

sniperbluhm
sniperbluhm

Honestly if they want to go the destiny 2 route, im fine with that as long as its done right. They definitely have enough armor customization to do so, just make sure to reward the players enough for grinding to do so. No paid lootboxes in a free to play multiplayer game, so gotta make money somehow

DaveA441
DaveA441

You can beg your ass I won’t be buying this shit game. It better be free to play. Or I ain’t playing it.

Sven B
Sven B

Basically companies trading reputation for monetization. I dont get it why 60-80€ per game are just not enough these days. Stop ruining the gaming industry like EA already tries. Greedy shit, seriously. I will avoid every one of these games or just play it as given free. Just let us buy our game. Just stop. Please don't support it guys.

Steve Butters
Steve Butters

I wish my favorite franchise wasn’t being ruined. : (

Yassir Rossel
Yassir Rossel

It's a free to play game. Stop complaining.

Jordan Cacioppo
Jordan Cacioppo

343 is officially garbage. Hurry up and release your third failed halo game so they can allocate the license to a studio that is competent and gives a fuck.

asphyxiafeeling
asphyxiafeeling

Wishing you continued success! It's been a pleasure getting to see you progress over time and pursue new projects. An inspiration for the rest of us!

Jose Eduardo Almeida
Jose Eduardo Almeida

So in the end I can get the colors by playing the game. What’s the problem with that? This guy doesn’t have an idea about Destiny shader system. D2 Shader system is waaaay better than D1 because you can personalize each armor and each weapon. You can’t do it in D1, why you talk about that if you didn’t even play the freaking game?

Just another video crying about microtransations and this DONT AFECT AT ALL THE GAME!

Justin Jaks
Justin Jaks

Y’all really were out here thinking halo infinite was gonna be good, huh?

vincent207
vincent207

Monetization Infinite

Kitsunary
Kitsunary

It would be fine only if you don't have to pay for it.

Extreme Ethan
Extreme Ethan

I mean fuck, Anthem was able to do it

zCRAZYGUYGAMESz
zCRAZYGUYGAMESz

I love halo and have high hopes for infinite. Even though the graphics sucked the story and gameplay looked great. Finally while I hate the idea of not being able to customize our armor how we want , the multiplayer is going free to play and while it’s stupid this is a necessary trade off

Layden Warner
Layden Warner

Cough Cough How did Anthem do it?…