Outriders Has Already Destroyed Marvel’s Avengers’ Peak Player Count On Steam Despite Being New IP

YongYea
YongYea

Never thought I'd see the day in which a freakin Avengers game would launch with 4X less players than an unknown new IP.

SURPRISE MECHANICS (MERCH): http://www.yongyea.com

– NEO JASON VAMP

– The Brothers Tiegs

– Theron Webb

– Yue

TheOldDarkSoul
TheOldDarkSoul

Too bad the always online is hurting the game even more

Jose
Jose

You know what? I'M GLAD!!!! I'm not really interested in Outriders but I am happy that it's turning out to be an enjoyable game.

LionOfTheDesert
LionOfTheDesert

IP is not important as fun factor. I applaud SE for putting out demos for both games. I had fun in the outriders demo so I’m playing it on game pass did not have much fun with avengers, would have played the story if it was on game pass. But it’s clear outriders was a game I was excited to play with friends cuz it was fun. Avengers not very fun.

PFT Burchell
PFT Burchell

Online only? I’m out. It could be the best game ever but I’m never spending money on something that I can’t play if my internet goes out or they decide to shut down their servers.

R41N80W SCR4TCH
R41N80W SCR4TCH

Is it like Remnant from the ashes?

Vicky Sewel
Vicky Sewel

People are saying Outriders has a lot of lag and crashes but it works perfectly fine on ps5. I've been playing since launch with a few friends and not once have we run into loading time or experienced any crashes. I hope they fix it on other platforms because it's really such a gem and crazy fun!!!

Mark Anthony
Mark Anthony

I was playing Outriders until I was kicked from the server (again!). This has happened at least 4 times today. Its pissing me off now.

Astro Bricks
Astro Bricks

Hmmm, GOOD.

Matthew Browett
Matthew Browett

It's still terrible though. Gun play feels bad, cover system is bad, cut scenes are bad, movement is bad, ui is bad, connection during single player is bad, don't even try playing with friends, audio is out of sync, maps are linear like a motor way, inventory disappearing, graphics are bad, shaky camera is bad, the game is bad. Only thing they got right is the loot. But I'm already yawning at that. It's bad.

Shadow Flux
Shadow Flux

Not really a fair comparison at the beginning with Star Wars BF2, considering all the monetization methods were removed right before launch and the game made a complete 180 over its lifespan. Dont know why you pulled that out of left field when Anthem would have been a better example.

MR.C&A Video911Game
MR.C&A Video911Game

I had high hopes for the avengers game 🙁

GhostlyR6_
GhostlyR6_

I mean… No one was acting expecting the avengers game to be good. The iron man games were garbage . The spiderman Games were garbage. Outside of the 2018 game and the spin off. Miles Morales. (The ps3 games for spiderman were bad)
The hulk game was garbage. The Captain America and Thor games were also bad .

And no I'm not saying this because I dislike avengers and marvel. I like them but all the "marvel" games have mostly been shit

PopesofHazard
PopesofHazard

yet the game still has shitty reviews and looks boring as fuck, yawwwwwn.

k o a l
k o a l

Another day, another video about how Yong is disappointed about The Avengers/Cyberpunk 2077/CD Project Red/Activision.

Yoshz
Yoshz

I’m so happy for this game 🙂

js100serch
js100serch

It's because it's new, give it time. We will see real numbers soon. I personally didn't like the game, but yea, it is too soon to make this video.

Adam Lee
Adam Lee

As far as looter shooter geos I'd say Outriders is probably the best we got in a while, but to be honest the bar in the looter shooter genre have been set pretty damn low lately.

Nelson Hooper
Nelson Hooper

Outriders is so popular that the servers don't work half the time. The secret is to play at night when the kids go to sleep

Epicface48
Epicface48

From personal experience, the games janky as hell, random disconnects and constant stuttering. But the fact that the devs actually fucking care is more then enough to tell me it's worth it, a month or so from now and it'll be a much greater game.
God forbid a gaming company actually cares about it's customers, they're only, y'know… THE MAIN SOURCE OF INCOME THEY GET.

Kamiyoda
Kamiyoda

I like OutServers… when I an play it.

D Blundz
D Blundz

Crazy what happens when you make a fun game that isn't trying F the players at every turn.

Animelytical
Animelytical

I forgot Square do both games.

Of course, they are more like Activision-Blizzard was for Destiny in regards to Outriders

Degrengolada
Degrengolada

Not my type of game, but if people like it thats mean its good.

Mad Matt
Mad Matt

From what I could play I really enjoy a lot but over half my time has been getting dropped off the server constantly. If it’s not fixed soon I’m done and I actually want to play this one.

TikiDragon1
TikiDragon1

Marvel's Avengers was so bland and boring I forgot I even had it in my library until now. With that in mind it'll be promptly deleted.

Parabola
Parabola

I am so annoyed. I played the beta but got sent out of town for work b where I still am, but went ahead an bought the hands after beta because not only did I enjoy the hell out of the beta I decided its what anthem should have been if anthem didn't have flight. The beta was superior to the anthem release.

Also haven't played avengers and likely won't.

Spritemon 98
Spritemon 98

The character creation is bare bones. The men look like men and the women also look like men

Psychoangel
Psychoangel

Online only even in singleplayer? Yeeeaahh…… that might finish it off.

Ξlijah Ferris
Ξlijah Ferris

im loving outriders so far

Prototype Drakon
Prototype Drakon

And keep in mind, this is still with the heavy amount of crashes! I love this game, but it crashes so damn often

Roxas Deviluke
Roxas Deviluke

Is anyone else having trouble getting in? I couldn't get in yesterday till night and the got disconnected after two hours havent tried today though im on pc btw

AscendantStoic
AscendantStoic

There are two reasons for enforcing the online only thing (as much as I hate it and wish for offline mode it makes sense):-
-First is allows them to do minor alteration and balance changes on the fly server-side without having to do a patch (which is a lengthy process on consoles)
-It makes it harder for cheaters to cheat sense the game is doing things server-side and isn't entirely offline (and cheaters can still ruin games even in co-op games)

One solution would be seperating offline and online characters like some games do, but that I suppose would take some work since the game seems designed to do some stuff server-side.

Michael Comer
Michael Comer

Just started playing and I'm having a good time as the devastator!

TangoEcho Bravo
TangoEcho Bravo

I mean, superheroes has only recently "gotten popular" with people that picked on the kids that actually liked super heroes

DannyMorrs
DannyMorrs

Marvel's Avengers is the type of game that needs something to reward the players still sticking with it, rather than nerfing the xp grind. You can only get skins with in game currency you buy, which no one will buy since there's no community to share or show it off to. They have some decent skins but the majority are just colour swaps or unnecessary additions. I'm not spending the money I work my ass off to earn on a skin of Kate Bishop in a jacket or one of the thousand Thor skins

cklambo
cklambo

Avengers: u took everything from me!

Outriders: I don't even know who u are

smgofdvld
smgofdvld

who will live the Avengers or outriders? find out next on Spider-Man! eh Marvel's Avengers!

DotDusk
DotDusk

Why a single player game needs always online access? I think they want to make this game a live service.

Jaro the Werewolf
Jaro the Werewolf

You know AAA games or companies are a laughing stock when a indie or AA game dominates

Remember kids: Greed ruins the game, including rushed games

Scott McCool
Scott McCool

Just curious – does the Outriders demo count in the game’s concurrent players count or is it independent?