Scalpers Already Selling Super Mario 3D All Stars At Marked Up Prices After Nintendo Delists Game

YongYea
YongYea

R.I.P. Mario – July 9, 1981 to March 31, 2021. For real though, while there are still physical supplies of Mario 3D All Stars left for now, that's eventually gonna run out, and when it does, hundreds to even thousands of dollars for a copy will likely be commonplace if Nintendo doesn't bring the game back.

SURPRISE MECHANICS (MERCH): http://www.yongyea.com

– NEO JASON VAMP

– The Brothers Tiegs

– Theron Webb

– Yue

Toxics
Toxics

Are we seriously surprised?

You acting like the stunned pikachu meme when this was able to be seen a mile away 😅

shandor no
shandor no

This entire debacle is very much what Jim Sterling has taken to calling a "Nintendo Move."
No one has any earthly idea what the hell they're thinking, except Nintendo themselves, possibly.

Rocketrambo20
Rocketrambo20

Yar Har

Alharron Bersamina
Alharron Bersamina

thank God i played this games when i was young.

SonicExeReaper
SonicExeReaper

Yong, just to point out on Super Mario Bros. 35 Battle Royale since it sounds like you missed it, before it, there was already a Mario battle royale of it made for PC from a fan, so, there’s no need for emulation. But since Nintendo is being Nintendo, they took it down just to then repeat the temporary life cycle of it one more time on Switch Online to basically spit the creator and fans right in the face.

Tyler Harris
Tyler Harris

why do I hear sea shanties???

Danny31792
Danny31792

Its called supply and demand. Nintendo created the supply. now they're taking it away creating the demand. Next time they release another bundle set, we will be conditioned to BUY BUY BUY, in fear of FOMO. Thus creating a profit.

TheMachoEchidna UgandaRandySavageKnuckles
TheMachoEchidna UgandaRandySavageKnuckles

Saw this coming a mile away! Snag 20 of them badboys. Don't worry people, all money is going to me and my happiness

ガヴリール
ガヴリール

Nintendo: Here is the only legal way to buy our old games… Until March 31st
Also Nintendo: Why are people using emulation???

The Traveler
The Traveler

Looks like another PS5 issue here…

Not sure if they will ever sell it again but that’s why I got my copy before this crap happened again

Frank Chau
Frank Chau

Come on Yong, those listings don’t represent what is actually being sold for… you need to show Completed Listings and you’ll see they are selling for normal price for now. It’s a bit early for this

vincent207
vincent207

Anyone with half a brain would have seen this coming.

ilyas abdi
ilyas abdi

Haven't purchased it. Won't purchase it

Lebon19
Lebon19

Their reasoning was to "create hype around Mario's 35th anniversary" (according to what they said). They knew it would be popular but it was always a timed strategy. And them not being good with preservation has always been a thing. Sometimes, I really hate Nintendo.

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭.

John Westley
John Westley

🎻

skulak K
skulak K

I see you can get it for $50 on eBay right now

Gamaliel Torres
Gamaliel Torres

watch that the game is exclusive to the new switch when it comes out

Lightning Only Comments Once
Lightning Only Comments Once

I love how despite all the backlash, Nintendo will get away with this scott free at the end of the day. As they've for many, many years way before companies like EA. You'll all forget this ever happened the moment they release some dumbass character in Smash or when they announce a new Mario game or someshit.

CRYPTO God
CRYPTO God

Theres So many absurd listings on ebay now its ridiculous theres one up for 45k smh everyone hopeing and praying that some dumb soul buys their 1k copy of mario lol just so they can feel big brain for a day lol

Schmosephsky
Schmosephsky

It would have been hilarious if they kept it up permanently as an april fools joke. It would have been a nice own to scalpers.

Epsilon Xero
Epsilon Xero

K, is Nintendo just retarded or is there something else I'm not seeing?

Ghastly Toast
Ghastly Toast

just dont buy them

Chris Clive
Chris Clive

As someone who's a brand new switch owner, I'll just stick to my ps4

xgigantor
xgigantor

Wish Mario came back to life like Jesus

Ice Popz
Ice Popz

20XX got Mario too soon. F.

cyx7
cyx7

Arr. I do be thinkin' the Big N be tryin' ta tell me somethin'.

Gamer Live Studio
Gamer Live Studio

Here's my question who wants to play that boring game is boring is old nobody cares my kids doesn't care they all playing fortnite so what am I missing out even if they did Zelda I wouldn't care

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

They are a bunch of selfish pricks that are bored they don't like success they like failure in this instance. Any Common Sense company would look at a game as high as selling as this and say why the hell are we going to Astro ourselves and screw the fan base let us continue to make success by selling these three games in a bundle getting praise from the fans and having Smiles on our faces every time we leave work.

T.P.A
T.P.A

These moves just reinforce piracy, even more, heck even many people went to piracy due to the ridiculously high price of a single game.

ラッキーダイス
ラッキーダイス

It's amazing how companies wonder why emulators exist, and then they pull off this shit.
Anyone paying thousands of dollars for this is completely out of their mind.

It's cheaper to get all three systems used and all three games along with them than it is to buy a copy of Super Mario 3D All-Stars.

Maker
Maker

Nintendo has been super tone deaf now for 20+ years. Why anyone should be shocked by this is surprising to me. Hopefully they'll change their mind, or something, I duno. I keep waiting for them to do something that isn't wild and out in left field but I guess that means I'm a keep waiting till people stop paying them money to do exactly that. Feels… weird man.

Jake Thomas
Jake Thomas

inb4 someone spends 20k on a copy of all stars and nintendo releases each game seperately in 6 months.

UndeadCollector
UndeadCollector

The funny thing about this is: it's a collection of barrely changed Games most collectors allready own Original. I did not bought it, because of the bare minimum Nintendo put into it and because i have all the Games Physical on Original Hardware. Sure, it's nice to play them all on one System, but if you wanted it, you already have it. It sold over 8mio copys.

Roan
Roan

I get the feeling that Nintendo is testing the waters on "time limited" games. Kind of how like mobile games have "time limited items" that you can only BUY or earn within a limited time. I assume this is to see if time limited games would boost short term / early term sales. for example; game A sells 8 million units over the course of say 2-3 years(i dont know statistics). But then they release game B but only until march 31st so that instead of waiting 2-3 years for the sale goal, it only takes a couple months. Just a thought.. But smells awfully close to mobile games to me.

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

10,000 dollars🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲 25,000😆😆😆😆😆😆😆….. the most ridiculous person I've ever seen in my life that is too much.😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨.

UCanBeMyBigBoss
UCanBeMyBigBoss

Super Mario 35 went the way of P.T

Fate
Fate

Nintendo : working as intended.

Deus In Vitro
Deus In Vitro

Scalpers be like "We are helping people"

superdude 2411
superdude 2411

I imagine they did this to actually drum up the value of these Mario games so they can release them later without putting them on sale or even increase the price

Alwyn Spencer
Alwyn Spencer

I don’t get it…what’s the big deal here ? Does this mean Nintendo is going to stop making future Mario games ? Someone please explain much appreciated

Jose Echevarria
Jose Echevarria

If you Nintendo actually cares about this, you'll be totally wrong, they couldn't care less for the scarcity of a game they sold millions, the only thing they'll do is to shut down rom sites because "Piracy bad", and I'm sure they'll do this again *because it works!*.

Althoug modern corporations are greedy and anti-consumer, people also let it happen because they became soft, nostalgia-dirven, and conformist and allow this things to happen, even when people warns them, they still allow this shit to happen. Unless there is a big change in the way of thinking of consumers, this is just getting worse.

I'll just end with this: Pirate all Nintendo and Sony games, it's morally Okay to do it because they don't care about their games, and worse of all, they don't care about their consumer