Paradox Employee Survey Exposes Culture Of Bullying & Discrimination Amidst Blizzard Reckoning

YongYea
YongYea

It's time for the misdeeds that these companies have tried to bury to be unearthed to the surface. This kind of awful company culture has been allowed to fester for far too long.

SURPRISE MECHANICS (MERCH): http://www.yongyea.com

– BattleBladeWar

– TacoBell Call911

– Theron Webb

– Yue

Christopher Neal
Christopher Neal

The CEO is lying! HELLO?!

UnPopAvocado
UnPopAvocado

Wow even if there is women is there on the top brass there is still harassment
Ps:- you want change stop buying there product and tell them your reason

Brimstone Sulfur
Brimstone Sulfur

Oh come on I was just enjoying CK3

Wastingsometimehere
Wastingsometimehere

If anyone hears these horror stories with the sociopathic logic of "LOL who cares?", just remember unhappy employees will make shit games. How can they focus on art when it's just do the bare minimum so you can just go home? No one benefits when workers can't focus due to oppression.

cmdraftbrn
cmdraftbrn

so thats why surviving mars was free on steam today

Eries Aston
Eries Aston

Can those companies just stop treating their employees like crap so that they can focused all of their energy on making great games?

Toan Nguyen
Toan Nguyen

As long as there are rankings, politics, and in general favoritism then there will always be abusive behaviors. I have worked for small, medium and large companies and experienced similar situations regularly.

Lorenzo Pagani
Lorenzo Pagani

They playing CK IRL lol

Meridias Watchtower
Meridias Watchtower

So basically I should just buy from indie devs from now on in the hopes that they aren't also absolute shitshows.

Dylan Hendley
Dylan Hendley

Man, chances for Vampire Masquerade 2 already looked slim, what with the CEO quitting, the writers being fired, and the whole dev team being cut, now they just seem dismal. RIP.

jho
jho

It is very similar to tech startups where software developers, although highly paid, are hired basically as skilled mercenaries. Consequently, they hold no loyalty to any single company as they are probably getting other offers all the time. In a year or two, they will simply jump to another company while everyone else has to deal with the fallout of their crappy behavior and code. Honestly though, a lot of them are pretty cool people but I have met some truly awful scum that are good at computers.

CactusJack
CactusJack

Another fake story, I've unsubscribed as people like Yong aren't doing their homework before blasting out stories like these.

MisterVercetti
MisterVercetti

It's endemic to the entire AAA games industry – that's what happens when you have to treat your non-senior employees hardly better than sweatshop workers in order to sustain your bloated costs. Quite frankly, the only way we're going to see lasting change is for the entire AAA industry to crash and burn like it did back in '83. Then maybe a new games industry, one that isn't built on a foundation of scummy business practices, can rise from the ashes.

Quantum
Quantum

you didnt need a survey to know paradox has issues, its fucking paradox

Just a random Person I guess
Just a random Person I guess

speaking of paradox, today they released yet another overpriced $20 DLC for a pretty good game, surviving mars, using a studio other than the original developers for the game who ended up riddling the game with bugs that have no reason to have been able to pass through for launch of an update, even people who don't buy the DLC suffer from the bugs.

Aames32
Aames32

They literally didn't try and bury anyting they saw what had happened they read the reports and they hired an external company to deal with it. Did you want to vilify them because they ain't kowtowing to the minority in their business. That's how you lose business by bending the knee to the minoriti and ignoring the majority. More men are going to be promoted in a workplace when the work place is predominantly male. But you don't want to listen to that fact and you just want to vilify the company because they didn't just immediately bend the knee to the 35 women who are disgruntled and the less than 60 men who were disgruntled. That's a fraction of a fraction of a fraction dude it's less than half of a half

Gerald Tumbel
Gerald Tumbel

seems like this job not for women

Dan Larkin
Dan Larkin

I'm starting to get to the point where I don't buy this stuff. "employee survey" reveals blah blah. Seems to me that they read the room, and saw an opportunity to leverage current events to benefit their working situation. After the Tripwire situation, I'm at the point where I just can't give the benefit of the doubt to these folks concepts of bullying, harassment, or safety. Ubi and Blizz are well documented going back YEARS. Same for Riot Games. Yet with Paradox there's not a peep until this survey. With Tripwire everyone is hunky dory until the CEO makes a single tweet. Nah bro. Y'all just some opportunists, snowflakes, or opportunistic snowflakes.

Pulsar 94
Pulsar 94

this one cuts close to the bone because i really love paradox's games …

Jasmin Kadrić
Jasmin Kadrić

I dont understand dislikes of this video…

Kahldris
Kahldris

Damn im a big paradox fan wtf.

Medieval Dead
Medieval Dead

Yong has turned into a cancel culture channel with the quickness.

Zanon
Zanon

A big gaming company fosters a shit culture within its ranks!? No way, when did this become a thi— oh… wait, all big companies do that. 😐
It's almost as if this was an unattended, unsupervised issue that's been part of the industry for 30+ years.

Amelia Bee
Amelia Bee

I worked at Blizzard for several years. I can confirm all of this. Never worked for Fray, but I was at Microsoft games studios, Xbox, Xbox live, Nintendo, and a few smaller studios nobody would recognize. This garbage is ubiquitous in the games industry.

tenebris shade
tenebris shade

We are surprised? Paradox is a company. Companies only care about money not people… not that anything will truly be done about it unfortunately

mossylls
mossylls

i wish you'd go back to gaming news reviews etc, rather than company legal news and drama. If i want to watch depressing news and bs i'd watch the tv news. Please consider getting back to what so many of us subscribed for 🙂

Dutchfalco
Dutchfalco

Remember when this channel was about gaming news and not workspace news? I remember.

Redfin
Redfin

"the management team takes this very seriously." It's normally the fucking management team that does this shit. Give me a fucking break. I hate how all these companies act like they are taken by surprise by this shit.

John Stark
John Stark

Tis feels more… I dunno, more clout chasy then the Blizzard incident

Augustus87 Heron
Augustus87 Heron

Yong, don't forget that millenials definition of abuse and discrimination can be defined as: I am a minority and I did not get a promotion/get my way therefore, others are racist/misogynist, etc. True discrimination and harassment should not be tolerated.

Spatchmo
Spatchmo

Paradox being an awful place to work is disappointing, Magicka had some of the best times I have ever had in an online game. Also, Paradox is supposed to be bringing us the Bloodlines sequel someday

Casey L
Casey L

This is no surprise paradox have been pulling these shenanigans since ck2

Dullahan
Dullahan

Bullying starts from 1st grade not surprised it happens in a professional environment.

Predictable brain dead parrots that will reply to my comment.

"oh so are you supporting this?"

-no I'm not, but you can't tell me your helping the "little guy" by shedding light to the plea of the select few, WHO, LET ME REMIND YOU, WORKS FOR THESE DREAM COMPANIES, before all this shit storm started.

"oh its better than nothing!"

THIS IS NOTHING, these are a few select people eating themselves up.

Wako Doodle
Wako Doodle

Makes you wonder how many other companies we know, have been doing this behind closed doors?

It hurts to know, like a friend you trusted, betraying you; but I'd rather know and move on than go on without knowing and for it to hit later. Although sometimes I just feel like just wanted to get out all out and done with; instead of bit by bit.

There's only so many times it happens before you feel numb…

Jelani Wood
Jelani Wood

Don't forget the Stellaris Mobile game which ended up being an asset flip with stolen Halo art in it and the whole Vampire: The Masqaurade debacle. All of this (including today's story) have happened since they sold out and took Tencent money. Im just saying. It's Riot games all over again but with 50 games instead of 1 game at the time.

tobias GR3Y
tobias GR3Y

I'm glad one of the employees brought this to light, strategy games are something that most Gamers have little to no knowledge about, but I somebody who's forced to play Paradox interactive titles because they have a monopoly on the genre that I enjoy, I can safely say that they are a mini-EA.

Napalm Blaziken
Napalm Blaziken

Pains me to see a company I loved and defended outed like this. A shame, as I have logged thousands upon thousands of hours on their games. Europa Universalis IV, Stellaris, Crusader Kings 2, Crusader Kings 3, Hearts of Iron 4, I can't describe my disappointment.

Jessica Perkins
Jessica Perkins

And EA is sitting here actually being decent to their employees… But they're still release bullshit like Madden 22.

This timeline sucks.