Calling me a comic book ‘elitist’ means nothing…

Kal_g
Kal_g

I think calling someone a comic book "elitist", or "purist" may stem from those people who are incredibly ungrateful, and lazy. If you can't work in the confines of the character's history in order to tell a coherent story, then you suck as a writer. These are fans that care for the product that you want them to buy. You would think listening or adhering to the fans that have been buying books for more than two decades, over the average Joe that just came into the comic book community because of the MCU would take center stage. But, no…let's bring in fools who only want to write stories, just so they can project their cringey politics. These fools need to go.

Sinsear
Sinsear

They took over our culture then alienated the real comic book nerds.

Nexuish
Nexuish

Gates exist for a reason. Keepers of the gate exist to make sure the gate is properly operated.

Common sense isn’t for elitists, it’s for people who want agency in their day-to-day.

General Mayhem
General Mayhem

Kiddy show about comic book bs as if it was important, how sad. Like tuning into an discussion on a grade school playground…uselsss tripe.
"Elitest" comic book fanatic..really??? 😏😂😂
This is so pathetic, it's more like a parody, because this can't be real. This the onion, acting as if this is adult conversation. 💩

ALEX MASON
ALEX MASON

All these normies do some Google search and act like they are experts. That's why they dont get why race and gender of a character matters. Im indian I dont wanna see a india captain america or indian blackpanther

Larry Parker
Larry Parker

People don't like truth July… but you know that, I'm sure.

TheAutistWhisperer
TheAutistWhisperer

Another word that has lost all meaning.

akaBoG
akaBoG

Pssshhhh…..nonesense.

NoPantsBaby
NoPantsBaby

Not just Elite. Rippa is comic book Royalty. For he is a customer. Which used to mean you were KING!

Scott Brown
Scott Brown

I remember being made fun of for reading comics, now it makes me an elitist lol

Richard Thompson
Richard Thompson

Agatha Harkness, being a Witch, was already considered to be a minority character to these people.

Harley Mitchelly
Harley Mitchelly

What do you mean it means nothing? It means you're sane!

Mr. Reborn
Mr. Reborn

That's interesting… elitist… because they're all so fuckin' mediocre, it hurts.

Chilli Ice Cream
Chilli Ice Cream

Comic book ‘elitists’: “We wanna be free. We wanna be free to do what we want to do, and we wanna get invested and we wanna have a good time”

Major comic book distributors: “HIISSSSSSSSSSSS”

Inkosi-Inathi Memani
Inkosi-Inathi Memani

I dont completely agree with the term "elitist" but I do share the sentiment about you, even though I do agree with you on a lot of things.

The "change is bad because it's bad" argument hardly has substance to it, it's difficult to even agree with you on it when almost anyone who disagrees with you is some how a mofo or crack head…

Alexandra Tavares
Alexandra Tavares

People hate nerds because of their harsh criticisms, the truth is that they are just really passionate about their favourite stories, and they know more about the lores than casual consumers, so of course they will criticise writers for not representing their favourite characters well. While normies will just swallow anything that's thrown at them in mainstream media.

Isaac The DragonBorn
Isaac The DragonBorn

Add that to terms that’s going to be drove into the ground by being overused. Not as negative as calling someone “racist” or “sexist”.

The Nightingale
The Nightingale

I mean you are an elitist and a purist. Personally, I just don't have an issue with terms elitists or purists. For the things I care about, I wouldn't be upset if someone called me an elitist.

Eli Garcia
Eli Garcia

Being called a comicbook "elitist" just means that you are a avid reader and know what you're talking about and the weirdos hate that.
I have been reading comics for 40 years and I get into debates with movie watchers that think they know what they're talking about and hate it when you prove them wrong.
Dummies.

Dell
Dell

I subscribe after seeing you on John Stossel. Good stuff, keep it up.

chicostephenson
chicostephenson

we should get rid of fake nerd people. they've done nothing but destroy everything they touch. and then they have a "morally superior" attitude about it. i don't listen to these people. if they don't want my money that's fine with me.

Mark Anthony
Mark Anthony

I'd take that as a compliment since at least they admitted to not being much of a fan in comparison. 😂

The Vigilant
The Vigilant

And them being normies trying, and even getting control of these IPs and trying to gatekeep against even comic book guys like Eric is kinda scary.

Evildoughboy 777
Evildoughboy 777

Is this supposed to be the newest Twitter tactic at trying to discredit fans?

micah white
micah white

It's sad how so many comics writers don't care about the lore but want to promote their political agenda and beat you in the head with it. I'm still saddened by Static's backstory change and the author didn't even have an answer as to why he changed it but instead answered the question with another question.

Myles Stephens
Myles Stephens

Sure because making a video about how you "dont care" shows you really dont care he says with a mild sarcastic tone

Kneel2ThaCrown
Kneel2ThaCrown

Attaching any kind of label to any/everyone who has a different opinion than you makes it lose all meaning. It's just a tool for them to make you out to seem like you're some kind of horrible person without actually knowing you. It's pretty idiotic but not surprising coming from these folks.

The Lone Space Marine
The Lone Space Marine

They use it as a shame tactic to get in the door then push everyone out and gate keep it.

Lodogg 3323
Lodogg 3323

Elitist? You mean badge of honor.