Canceling student loan debt ‘can lead to a slippery slope’: Campus Reform correspondent

Matt Masters
Matt Masters

So….all this student loan forgiveness is nothing more than a smokescreen screen. What we forgive now will be paid back in the form of higher taxes in the future. And it will be my children and grandchildren that pick up the tab. Why? Because our kids are honest hardworking tax payers that can afford life. They were raised right!!

Anyone that allows Biden to pay off their student loans is a worm, thief & a loser!!!!

smitt9
smitt9

This reckless behavior will lead to the next depression

aeris . . .
aeris . . .

Canceling student loans can be a slippery slope it means that I can actually pay for things and contribute to the economy

william jonas
william jonas

DOWNRIGHT SLAP IN THE FACE TO ALL THAT WORKED TO PAY IT OFF . IN FACT A DOUBLE WHAMMY TO THOSE WHO
HAVE TO PAY MORE THEN IN TAXES TO PAY FOR THE "FREE " LOANS NOT PAYED FOR . NOT A MISTAKE . A DELIBERATE
CRIME AND " THE FINGER " TO HONEST AMERICANS.

Misty Hill
Misty Hill

would that be the same slippery slope that $2TR in tax cuts for the rich has created?? reverse those tax cuts which business got since they have not passed it on to employes. and why does America think free education is communist????? give all free education and health why do you want to pay for it??? you guys have been sold a lie by they people selling you these things… wake up

Valerie L Murphy
Valerie L Murphy

Who’s paying for this? The people who work, pay taxes, and paid off their education. College isn’t public education and not a federal government function.

Valerie L Murphy
Valerie L Murphy

Ophelia has good sense

DAVID CAMPBELL
DAVID CAMPBELL

Is the big guy going to pay for this out of his 10 % share.

Amir
Amir

This is the the definition of buying votes.

Anthony Emering
Anthony Emering

Sent both my kids to colleges I could afford. Had to pay full price so I workrd two jobs into my sixties to pay every penny of my student loans. I guess I was a sucker to think I should be personally responsible for the debt I willingly accrued. I guess I no longer qualify for the fifty thousand dollar discount. Maybe Biden will at least send me a thank you card?

Guapo Richard
Guapo Richard

If we allow bankruptcies then we can allow college debt forgiveness. Why is it fair that so many of us has to pay their bills and some stupid loser can just start fresh. From what I've hear trump has 6 bankruptcies. Please can a trump supporter please explain how you support him and his 6 bankruptcies and be against college loan forgiveness.

Ricky D
Ricky D

So because you did nothing with your loan I have to pay it off

Dave S
Dave S

They want to replace the working class with robots. We can get 1 robot that has a doctor, lawyer, teacher program and replace all the pointless white collar workers, and the bot doesn’t even need arms or legs because there is no heavy lifting for white collar suit dummies.

Pamela Grosvenor-Murray
Pamela Grosvenor-Murray

Really no progressive society should load their young people with an educational debt!

E R
E R

Blah blah blah y’all Republicans said nothing when you gave 2 trillion of tax breaks to the rich. Bunch of hypocrites.

Dan Kamp
Dan Kamp

That's $5000 for every man, woman, and child in the US.

Rachel Tuccio
Rachel Tuccio

Hey if you can’t get a scholarship maybe they should consider Vocational school

James Wallace
James Wallace

Why should 70% of Americans who will never be able to go to college and who will never make as much money as those who have graduated college be forced to pay for those privileged few who never even spend the time of day to think about the debt of the working class?

Peggy Henzman
Peggy Henzman

They need to make these schools lower their amount per credit hour.

No more student loan

No more student loans

No jobs

Medical debt forgiveness

Sheila Walker

When you cancel debt all they do is tax the hell out them at there jobs for life
You lose no matter what

Sheila Walker

Go to work give to check to government
Students don’t understand they will pay back in higher taxes they will pay

Rene Santana
Rene Santana

Let's cancel the Biden administration…that is the fairest thing they can do!

Stephan Maric
Stephan Maric

Don't give a man a fish! Teach him to fish!!!

brian r
brian r

So what its not fair, think about the collage how are they going to pay their bills. They have to pay electric, water, teachers things like that.

Leonard Goulet
Leonard Goulet

Sorry, but this is ridiculous!! How can you not want to ……….!

Daniel Shayder
Daniel Shayder

Why not cancel my VA home loan? Seems that veterans actually earned that.

Fredishoes 94
Fredishoes 94

No absolutely not, this is not going to work. If I wanted to go to school and made the concious choice to sign my signature and take the money to obtain the tools to pursue my education THAT IS MY DECISION, I AM OBLIGATED TO PAY THE MONEY BACK. Its common sense.

lorrizzo
lorrizzo

No you don't cancel the debt, everyone has to learn to pay the bill. BUT you can cap the fed loans and any loan for college a max 1% interest rate for the life of the loans. That's the main problem with these loans is they continue to grow at a rate of interest that doesn't keep up with the income of the loan holders. Interest accrues daily it's what keeps these loans growing while trying to pay them off and that's what drags it out. These Universities and colleges pay NO TAXES but our government is so willing to take the money in interest from the loan holders or students. That's what pisses me off, the Universities and colleges are free of all taxes, and we the people pay them for all of this in more ways than just the college loans.

MrThetruthhurts
MrThetruthhurts

I can’t wait for this. So I can cancel $50,000 of my taxes.

Jeremy Wheeler
Jeremy Wheeler

I hope anyone who gets debt cancelled through this dies.

Citrine Vibes
Citrine Vibes

This girl really came in n shut em down tho

John Anderson
John Anderson

I had to pay this is crap!

Jadd612
Jadd612

Universities are illegal "State Sponsored" church systems for liberal ideology — student loans bail-outs are just money laundering for "Poop art" professors and classes people take when they flunk math and science.

Jerry Boling
Jerry Boling

We need to stop pressuring young minds in public schools that college is the only way. You can make lots of money without a college degree. I am not paying for other peoples mistakes. Everyone needs to pay off their own debt.

Ian McLeod
Ian McLeod

The only thing I could make sense of from this initiative would be to cover the costs of the 2020 school year fees… since many students were unable to actually attend the courses in person and receive the quality of education that they paid for. Obviously I'm canadian so this has little impact on me but in reflecting on the education we paid for my oldest to receive at the university that he wanted to pursue his interests compared to what he received just sitting on a computer in a room at home online… Yeah- reimbursing that amount so that he could reinvest it into the next year of schooling where he can actually attend classes isn't a terrible idea.

In terms of addressing debts others accrued throughout the dismal economic climate bestowed on small business and workers nation wide in 2020… Valid question and concern and no I have no idea where to take it from there.

Greg Pek
Greg Pek

Students should pay 50% of their debt, with universities picking up the other 50%. They are both guilty. Taxpayers are not.

David Mulhern
David Mulhern

The argument for student loan debt over every other kind of debt is that students were told that this would be their stepping stone to a career, that is not the case for credit cards or mortgages for example. And many jobs today you HAVE to have a college degree. Credit card purchases you didn't HAVE to have. We are pushed at a young age to go to college with the promise of a good future and employment. That is different than what you bought on your Visa or Mastercard and a vacation you took. Teachers and parents don't tell you to get credit card and mortgage debt. There is a difference.

TheKingterri
TheKingterri

If you can Trump supporters, you sure can CANCEL student debts ! ! !

Nate Taylor
Nate Taylor

Democrats = let's steal from taxpayers and give to the underserving! If we can punish workers enough, then nobody will work = Workers Paradise!

Nate Taylor
Nate Taylor

Lol, Corporate Democrats will NEVER cancel Mortgage Debt or Credit Card Debt = Democrats are SLAVES to Corporations!

BUT, Corporations are fine with taxpayers paying for Student Debt! ….so the cancelling of Student Debt may very well happen!

Veritas Syfer
Veritas Syfer

Cool cancel my auto loan, credit card debt and my medical bills then. These people are creating problems they have 0 plans to fix.

interested observer 1949
interested observer 1949

Canceling student debt means debt reassignment because someone has to pay the debt. How anyone could think this will kick start the economy with Job Killer Joe in the driver's seat is judicious. Another example of how this administration cannot lead.

Upnorthaleut Dirks
Upnorthaleut Dirks

Cancel my debit please I've learned alot these past 4 years?please bailout me? Yeah right.,

Upnorthaleut Dirks
Upnorthaleut Dirks

P.S. not a student, still something worth my duress

Jorge Velez
Jorge Velez

This is a funny topic for me. I don't agree with canceling student debt, but I do have them and it would be nice to be free of them.

AppleGuy670
AppleGuy670

Of Course Pocahontas doesn’t have student loans because she got loans assisting her false bloodline