Brits FORCED to Pay for AWFUL Doctor Who! They CAN’T Cancel BBC TV License?!

Starry Eyed Girl
Starry Eyed Girl

The BBC have been inundated with customers wanting to cancel their TV licence. Their website regularly crashes and the phonelines are engaged. If you can’t get through, take a screenshot of you filing in the online form or write down the date/time you phoned so you can prove that you did try to get through and it’s the BBC’s fault you couldn’t get through. Then cancel your Direct Debit through your bank and they’ll soon take notice and contact you. I cancelled my TV licence after the disgusting way Graham was treated with his fear of cancer returning and that canon-destroying insult of a series finale The Timeless Children. I’m refuse to pay the BBC after they’ve spent months calling myself, my friends and other fans ists and phobes for not rolling over and accepting this rubbish. #defundthebbc

Coonfused57
Coonfused57

The BBC is owned by the government. The government always finds a way to get paid. The head of the BBC makes more money a year then the Prime Minister. See https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48839428.

Ed Robinson
Ed Robinson

I paid for a year of the fee, watched 1 month of tv and cancelled and got half a year refund. fuck the bbc

Max Brandt
Max Brandt

What the British government is doing to it's own citizens is called EXTORTION! I thought there were laws against that.

Owen Wildish
Owen Wildish

Once or twice the BBC has attacked Anime… 🙁

Frostydelusions
Frostydelusions

How could Dr Who be too expensive to produce? These days all the eps look super cheap.

FoxyFoxlyn
FoxyFoxlyn

Cancelled ours 3 years ago. They keep pestering us every year, but we just complete the exemption form on their website. Confirming we don't watch their shitty channel, app, watch live TV or record it.
We stick to our streaming services.

Dapper Muis
Dapper Muis

Not the only country that forces you to pay TV licence. South Africa does the same. It is harder to buy a TV here than a car. You have to have a licence for a TV before you can buy one, but you can buy a car without a licence. You are also charged according to how many TV's AND computer Monitors your have. Yes you read that right, computer monitors. The claim been that you can rig it to watch TV on it. I haven't watched TV in years. There is nothing much, but junk on. Soaps, sports and reality shows.

Nezuko Kamado
Nezuko Kamado

cancel direct debit and that's the end of it. I cancelled mine 2 years ago

damian esquilache
damian esquilache

Watch dogs came out recently it seems the brits have another source of ideas on how to control their people, well deserved, hahahahahhahaha

Idelacio
Idelacio

We're not forced to pay exactly. License is only mandatory if you are (any) watching broadcast TV or BBC iPlayer.

For me personally I haven't paod a license for over 10 years. Fuck 'em.

The idea of the licenmse is that you are also paying for infrastructure as well and it's enforcement has not been y the government but by the licensing authority. However it is overseen by the UK government with key BBC figures potentially selected by MPs.

Cartoonman154
Cartoonman154

They send a private company called "Capita" to do their dirty work.

RAZVIEL RAMOS
RAZVIEL RAMOS

Dolomite must kill the 13th Doctor

Grimm_Kitsune
Grimm_Kitsune

Can you just watch tv without the license? Or do you have to have the thing just watch anything?

Warren JB
Warren JB

BBC license was just one of those things, like taxes. You'd grumble about having to pay but didn't think too much about it. Plus, like others said, the Beeb used to put out great television. David Attenborough documentaries and the vast majority of beloved british comedies and sitcoms, for example. You might say it was worth it. Hell, I shell out more to Amazon per annum just to watch The Grand Tour.
There's always been a fringe of people protesting the license fee but it's only really gone mainstream as the quality of BBC shows plummeted, their woke agenda became more strident, and scandals like the Jimmy Saville coverups came to light.

We're getting there, Tom. We finally got a politician willing to look into it.

Daniel Simpson
Daniel Simpson

For people asking about the detector vans that the BBC 'used' … it was a propaganda ploy by the BBC to scare people into paying …

Tim Kunk
Tim Kunk

Torchwood bleed over to Dr. Who one reason I quit cable.

Martin Wolfe
Martin Wolfe

Just read the current charter at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/577829/57964_CM_9365_Charter_Accessible.pdf
Of note are clauses four five and six. With its current biased and woke praactices the BBC is in breach of its own charter.

The problem is the only way to revoke a charter is via primary legislation. That means a bill will have to make it through parliament and unfortunatly I do not see such a bill getting the ncessary votes to pass. Such a bill would probably have to be a private members bill and I do not see the Speaker alocating much time to it.

GOTHBOI
GOTHBOI

You got a license for that opinion on the BBC?

thanqualthehighseer
thanqualthehighseer

The BBC is run by soy drinking ' enlightened ' woke SJW culture.
Making quality programmes are only secondary I have to listen to BBC radio 2 at work and they almost always lean far to the left as possible.

Stephen More
Stephen More

We are starting to hate the BCC in the U.K. here. A lot of people are not watching it anymore. The BBC used to mean quality, now its just pc sjw culture telling white men how horrible we are

Peglegpeete
Peglegpeete

You should talk to AZ at Heelsvsbabyface. He successfully got rid of his BBC license months ago.

Rohn Daughtry
Rohn Daughtry

The "TV TAX" has been there for years. You buy a "license.  This combined with bad programming  and, well you get the idea.  The BBC is losing money big time.  You have to also

Mike Waterfield
Mike Waterfield

The Brittish SJWSs found a way to force their way out of "get woke go broke". Now it's we go woke you go broke!

MetalRocksMe m/
MetalRocksMe m/

The BBC are nonce enablers end of! Once I found that out they didn’t get another penny off me, they are scum and deserve to be debunked. 😡😠

Cau No
Cau No

It's not only the UK which has this system. Germany and Switzerland have similar licenses.
The idea was to keep the TV contents 'independent' from the government. (After the use of propaganda experienced through WWII)
Instead they became dependent from the comittee deciding their fees …

Once it was: if you own a TV, you have to finance the public programmes.
When that dried up, because fewer people even use TVs, they changed it to: Now every houshold has to finance it.

J Film
J Film

It started getting too up it's own arse and SJW for me after a few Capellis. Tried the next Doctor for the sake of the kids, but they started watching Pertwee, Baker, Eccleston, Tennant and Smith instead.

TERRY. W
TERRY. W

The BBC produce programmes that are full of " diversity " including Dr. Who …that no one watches or even cares about …so not surprisingly there is a clamour to escape the expensive Licence fee …

vargen1414
vargen1414

They should go back to the old and classic style of Doctor Who where it was more focused on monster of the week where storyies where less connected to each other where you can just sit and watch instead of makeing maps of efery detail since Dr Who is a semi-horror science fiction show and not a detective semi-horror science fiction show

Aftersun 20XD6
Aftersun 20XD6

I got friends in the UK and it's been growing to be an Orwellian nightmare over there.

vargen1414
vargen1414

The easy fix is to go back to the olden days of Doctor Who where politics where less important in the episodes since those episodes where time less due to the politics not being in the center of things

Zanzoltan
Zanzoltan

I have two TV's on my home. Neither of them are used to any TV shows. I just use my computer or consoles. I live in Argentina, but you can be sure, if they added this same bullshit, I would do whatever to stop using any TV at all…

KAMERON BELL
KAMERON BELL

Kneon you miss understand. We already get taxed for tv. The free over the air antenna tv that does not reach every one. The government forces us to pay for that.

Apexilon
Apexilon

Hey Kneon, so no secret I live over in the UK. I stopped watching BBC programming over 8 tears ago and got rid of my antenna altogether. I now watch Youtube and (non-BBC) on-demand services (mostly USA as it happens). I've had several calls and letters, and each time I sign the "I do not watch/record BBC programming" declaration form. Anything else, they can jump off a bridge.

TromaDogg
TromaDogg

We can still cancel our direct debits though, so it's all good. And as far as I'm aware, our license fees are paid six months ahead of the expiry date so doing that isn't an issue.