Netflix Subscribers DROP OFF! Disney Plus Usage FLATLINES After Only a Year?!

Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Mainstream media keeps tanking itself and everything it can around it as it dies. The sooner it dies the sooner the new age can be born. YouTube would be very smart to let it's real content creators try to be the creators they want to be as long as it's not strait up Illegal ; This trying to be like mainstream media can only end one way now .. There is no going back now… Too many people can now entertain themselves now and do it quite easy to boot. The age of the small media is here to stay.

Micshork
Micshork

I believe Cuties might have greatly affected their numbers

The Devil's Due
The Devil's Due

Threaten? I DID make good on my plans to cancel Netflix over Cuties! Good to see some sweet karma in action!

the true Star
the true Star

Lol they both are bad

Adam Jones
Adam Jones

Well, Cuties now but a lot of people I know canceled earlier in the year because of the gay Jesus film.

Raihan Hakim98
Raihan Hakim98

Netflix' anime push only serves to distracts people from their failures.

AL SWEARENGEN
AL SWEARENGEN

Netflix has some of the most indoctrinating tv series that I've seen:occult,far left liberlism,satanism,technocracy and last but not least pedophilia.There is no coming back from this.

Dracke Stalen Torgen
Dracke Stalen Torgen

Lastly premium content is the LAST thing these companies should do…in an oversaturated market, Mulan even without the CCP controversy should have come as part of the regular service…people hate having to pay extra on services when they feel there are better options around…trying to bleed the rocks will get them to keep losing costumers to book piracy and other services.
There is a reason people liked Netflix better before the streaming wars before their original content, everything was in one place.

cliff krahenbill
cliff krahenbill

It’s pedo flix or Mickey commie .

Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.

Netflix always cancel everything I love. Black mirror is always on hiatus. Netflix it's garbage. Their movies are okay at times.

Samantha Monaghan
Samantha Monaghan

The problem with Netflix anime is a lot that are known to be dubbed are offered as subs only.

ThieflyChap
ThieflyChap

Reckon they're regretting cancelling the Dark Crystal yet?

Brandon Gray
Brandon Gray

Great to hear. I've never been a Netflix subscriber and I will never be one, either.

MetalRocksMe m/
MetalRocksMe m/

Went on Disney+ and scrolled and scrolled but to this day have watched nothing. Kneon you’re right, there’s nothing there…🦗

Dr. Gaz Matic
Dr. Gaz Matic

Netflix keep getting more expensive while getting more political. Yeah. Lots of people don't like that.

Waistcoats
Waistcoats

I wish Disney+ updated their shows weekly. Right now they have Ducktales and Amphibia, but it stops at season 3 for DT and season 1 for AB. I love both these shows, but I have to find them elsewhere because my family doesn't have cable and Disney doesn't just put them up on their platform a day after it airs. They would literally catch soo many people in my demographic.

Jack Harper
Jack Harper

Goddammit. That reminds me; I keep forgetting to cancel my Netflix.

SheldonAdama17
SheldonAdama17

Netflix: To show how bad it is to kill puppies, we’re going to shoot this puppy!
John Wick: Has anyone seen my new dog?
Netflix: …Oh crap.

Goat 429
Goat 429

Never had Netflix never will.

Santa Claus
Santa Claus

Cancelled my Disney+ this week, right before the free year was up. Mandalorian, which is middling at best, is not justification enough to keep it.

Dan Smitham
Dan Smitham

What starts with "sch" and rhymes with badenfreude?

Billy Batson
Billy Batson

Typically new shows premier around this time of year and there isn't anything good recently on Netflix.

Bob MiLaplace
Bob MiLaplace

Death to the False Narrative, Let the Galaxies Edge Burn!

Dean Oliver
Dean Oliver

Mandalorian, Dark and The Witcher. The rest is just filler.

liljenborg
liljenborg

Netflix is in a position where they NEED to change their business model. Their income is based entirely off subscriptions. That means, in order to increase their profits, the only way they can do that is increase subscriptions. But they’ve essentially reached full market penetration of the English speaking world. There are no new subscribers to get. This leaves them with only four options:
1. Seek new subscribers in foreign markets (while not losing too many subs).
2. Drastically cut back spending on new content. (Which will LOSE subs.)
3. Develop an ISP cop that prevents VPN access and especially stops people from mooching off their parent’s accounts and forces them to get their own. (I figure it might be as popular a move as New Coke was and lose subs.)
4. Develop new pricing structures that allow them to have sponsors for their shows, or content only accessible for higher priced tiers. (Which, in the short run will cost them a LOT of subs, but may be the only long-term solution.)

On the one hand, I can understand the dilemma. People want as much content as they used to get for their $90/month cable fee (watching channels that could make extra money by selling ad time) for their $15/month ad-free Netflix sub. It’s just not sustainable. On the other hand Netflix built itself by overextending their credit, approving far more shows than they could afford, and promising their customers great content for an unsustainably low monthly subscription fee, apparently on the belief that, no matter how many subs they had, there were always ten million more subs they could get next quarter.

local guy
local guy

my only problem with netflix's anime is that they only have so many seasons of each series to watch. for some this isn't an issue (SAO, one punch man) but if you feature one piece or bleach even attack on titan (1 season) then go all in and have every season available. it sucks to watch a series and get invested in what's happening and then all of a sudden have to stop.

Michael Bleckler
Michael Bleckler

We have Amazon prime and my wife and I happy with that. We dropped Netflix long ago. Waiting for HBO max next year to stream the Snyder Cut. Pass on this other hack shit.

AJStarhiker
AJStarhiker

When I cancelled my Netflix, I wrote one word in the reasons box: Cuties.

mac curtis
mac curtis

The battle of Disney head-slap vs Netflix head-slap and bankruptcy goes too.

Richard McLeod
Richard McLeod

Netflix made some bad choices. We will just have to see if they survive.

SONIC DASH
SONIC DASH

Thanks to Cuties, I have to porate every anime that is in Netflix, for good.

L G
L G

I left Netflix because of Cuties. It’s going to be a while before I go back, if I go back.

Toph Beifong
Toph Beifong

Last time I used Disney plus was the final season of clone wars

jjakeraptor501
jjakeraptor501

I've gotten 4 emails from Netflix to come back in the last two days. 😂 I cancelled mine because of Cuties. I'm not paying for that pedo crap.

Lonnie Coates
Lonnie Coates

I will say this, I was a long-time Netflix subscriber, but Cuties did make me quit Netflix for good. Now if Netflix dropped Cuties, I may return to them, but I doubt that they would do that.

Disaster Incarnate
Disaster Incarnate

netflix member since 2012, and yeah cancelled over the cuties "movie", stuck with amazon prime now, in the uk at least i dont think they have it so no big deal losing netflix, can still watch things when i need.

Allan Kolenovsky
Allan Kolenovsky

Look, "Cuties" aside (I still can't wrap my head around how Netflix thought that was a good idea), perhaps new subscriptions are beginning to taper off because the market is starting to become saturated and there are a lot of people out there without jobs who simply can't afford more of these kinds of services? What we really need to see is some indicator of just how big the potential pool of new subscribers to any of these streaming services is and whether or not they are able to remain in that pool due to financial difficulties.

Hidden Flare
Hidden Flare

Netflix falls
Disney struggles to stay
V-tubers: PROFITS UP 999%

AHEGAO
AHEGAO

nahh even if net flix get,s anime people will complain and say thing,s like reee why is this not censored

PhynixDS
PhynixDS

Yet Netflix wants to die on the cuties hill 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oh and I know someone that canceled because of cuties

Mervyn Graham
Mervyn Graham

As someone who was subscribed to both Netflix and Disney+ I can agree both are just lazy products right not and not worth the money. Disney+ delaying and delaying and then coming out with the whole "premium" has now put me right off it and Netflix just is screwing around so much and loading the UK version platform with just utter garbage. Streaming was a great concept when it was just Netflix but now it's saturated and Disney has killed everything with editing all the shows and movies to cater to WOKENESS much the same as Netflix did with that disgusting movie they're being investigated now for.

Snugs MacLeod
Snugs MacLeod

I hope Netflix buy the little nemo slumberland franchise from Disney so they can do return to slumberland.

DietrichGarbo
DietrichGarbo

There isn’t anything on Netflix.

Thomas Babb
Thomas Babb

Well Disney+ lost a few thousand users a couple weeks ago with all those employees they fired .

LastVandalier
LastVandalier

I unsubscribed my Netflix account back in late August when Cuties was first announced.

Bearty
Bearty

it bothers me that netflix canceled the dark crystal show even though it won so many awards to promote a pedo wet dream show 🤦‍♂️

Jon Carlos
Jon Carlos

It’s always about subscribers, who cares about content.