MANGA vs. COMICS: Digital Manga Sales Alone are 3X the ENTIRE Comic Book Industry?!

Octo-general Jones
Octo-general Jones

That’s depressing. And hilarious.

I believe this situation is known as “deprarious”.

Unqualified Comics
Unqualified Comics

Jesus christ that is sad AF…. Manga is like mostly free online from scanlations and you are telling me more people are willing to pay for digital Shit that they could get for free than all of American comics? Fucking just end Marvel and DC, it's over.

Rokabur
Rokabur

How about One Piece, over 750 MILLION volumes in circulation in 43 different countries, 2007 to 2018 it was THE best selling Manga in the world.

White Woolf
White Woolf

marvel sucks DC sucks

Reg Aubade
Reg Aubade

I spend about $1000 a year on physical manga.

Mr. Pit
Mr. Pit

only a billion dollar industry if you live in Japan

Josh Talks
Josh Talks

Because narrative is more important then identify politics.

D C
D C

making pro-writer moves

DJ Insanity
DJ Insanity

Yeah! New avatars for the couple! I love the colors

Percival
Percival

Because there is a manga for everyone, from the obscure titles that twitter mobs would like (not that they would know let alone buy them) to the superhero titles like MHA.

PlacidDirge
PlacidDirge

When comic books where good here in the US we only had a hand full of generas and so things have grown stagnant. Things where only worsened when worthless want to be activists and moral failuers where allowed in so the number of people in search of something worth while to read got their entertainment from else where.

Current native comic "professionals" have non but themselves to blame.

Asuna Chan
Asuna Chan

as it SHOULD. 👍💕🇵🇭

Dracannia
Dracannia

Amazing how the series inspired by American comics is annihilating the very industry it parodies.

Ninja Muffin
Ninja Muffin

No one likes woke and amateurish writing. I don't even like anime and I know its better than what the west is putting out.

David Guydos
David Guydos

please get a bitchute account.

slakr2386
slakr2386

Well we’ll that is excellent 👍

Prime Gun
Prime Gun

One way i see Marvel and DC can survive is by making or going to what webtoon does and allow fan to make comics under the brand. There a lot of fish in the sea but they prefer to look in a sink or sewer

Dt Comic
Dt Comic

Well Western doesnt really have good comics

IMEGA Arts
IMEGA Arts

OUCH! Comic book industry must be shitting bricks right now.

Luca Cifera
Luca Cifera

I'm an adult that reads comics and I can honestly say that all I read is manga with one or two webtoons that I think are really good.

ok bye
ok bye

Maybe if comics weren't woke pieces of crap they would've sold better.

I Slay Goblins
I Slay Goblins

Oh thank goodness. I was worried certain free sites were gonna completely ruin the industry.

Kevin Li
Kevin Li

Japan's manga thrives because it is diverse and has something that caters to every known demographic.

Meanwhile, America's push for diversity has led to homogenization of comics that caters to a very specific demographic.

GreatSmithanon
GreatSmithanon

Wow, it's almost as if alienating your consumerbase with partisan political preaching and hamfisted propagandist commentary is bad for sales or something. Who would have ever guessed? Looks at the last decade and a hald of warnings from anticommunists, the mrm, gamergate, comicsgate, various internet spats, tucker carlson, internet discussion boards before they were taken over by china and SJWs Whooooo would EVER haaaave gueeeeeessed?

Glasses&Mouthplates
Glasses&Mouthplates

No way ClownfishTV can pick any better thumbnail to cover this topic other than putting a laughing Arisu from Animegataris.

J4m35
J4m35

The amount of denial about the horrible state of the American comic industry is astronomical.

Kelvin Shubert
Kelvin Shubert

What, you're telling me that many people are interested in the story of Starfire's overweight goth daughter? I am shocked.

Benz2533
Benz2533

sounds like the woke comic who is having a bad sale is telling manga how to earn more money by becoming woke like them even that their woke sale is so bad. is this some kind of a joke? Manga organization can prove they did a better job than woke comic both scientific and mathematically. Sound like woke and SJW wants to trojan the manga success with the idea that manga can be improve, coincident? I think not.

AdventuresTeam Studios
AdventuresTeam Studios

Man, I am SO HAPPY TO BE AN ANIME FAN, THANK YOU JAPAN, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART❤️

andyawe13
andyawe13

I'd wager 30% of the total sales are Western comics. This is failing in the worst degree. I mainly watch anime, just because nothing against manga. After anime Western media is so subpar. I rarely watch any Western shows. If I do they're from my child hood 20-30 years ago

IgnisKitsune
IgnisKitsune

I think anime has influenced me more to buy manga than comics. I’m watching “So I’m a Spider, So what” right now and went to the store and bought volumes 1-4 of the Light Novel as I really wanted to see what happens next and to be ahead of the anime. When I watched “Avengers Assemble” years ago, I had no interest in buying the Marvel comics the characters were based off of.

Just shows (from my experience) that anime based on manga/Light Novel has influenced many people into buying the original material more than cartoon shows based on comics. This is one of the many reasons why comics are dying and Anime and Manga/Light Novels are skyrocketing in sales.