BBC BACKPEDALS on Doctor Who?! Could Make 14th Doctor a WHITE MALE!

Enda O Brien
Enda O Brien

It CAN'T be fixed now. timeless child happened. its OVER

Infinite Soul
Infinite Soul

Eddie Izzard as the next Dr. Who?

Maackia Amurensis
Maackia Amurensis

They could literally put any demographic as a doctor as long as it has good writing.

Radagast Brown
Radagast Brown

Who plays the Doctor doesn't matter. What Matters is the show runner and the stories they try to tell. Chinballs was the worst Runner in all of Who!!

Andrew Nigo
Andrew Nigo

This just proves once and for all that these companies and corporations don't really care about any kind of diversity. Female "Doctor Who" could've worked if they didn't suddenly decide it was a good idea to make a bigger deal out of it than necessary and rely on modern-day socio-political commentary at the expense of decent storytelling. No one, on either side of the political spectrum, wants to be lectured or whatever when they're looking for some fun space adventure. BBC didn't learn this lesson and decided, rather than fire the writing staff for their poor material, it would be better somehow to fire the female lead. It's that Marvel Comics "people don't want diversity" excuse all over again; blaming the problem on the idea itself rather than its poor execution.

SneakyRodent
SneakyRodent

I'll believe it when I see it, but still won't watch whilst Chibnal is in charge.

I'm a Unicorn
I'm a Unicorn

Actually I'd kinda like to see Tilda swinson as doctor who. That could be fun. As long as chibnall isn't involved

Calypsobubbelgum
Calypsobubbelgum

Please dont give me me hope it will become better! I dont wanna be dissapointed and hurt again. Lost hope and care in so many franchises.

wildbastian
wildbastian

For all that's good, no trans Doctor. For the 14th Doctor we need to go traditional a while.

Carl Roehead
Carl Roehead

As Long as the bbc keeps using it as a platform for their politics It is gonna be bad. The next actor may be killing his career like Jodie did.

USmerica
USmerica

I want to see Ken Jeong as the next Doctor.

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb

Richard ayoade is moss in the British show called the I.T crowd. I think he would make a great choice

Luis Rodriguez
Luis Rodriguez

Barrowman is just trying to save his ass, he thinks they won't come for him.

Python 085
Python 085

Well, okay I guess…

Jon Cross
Jon Cross

If you can be any form, how can you be trans? You could just be the type of person you desire off the bat.

meme
meme

Doctor hasn't been a ginger.

Jessica Mills
Jessica Mills

The only way I would even take a peek at the new one os if it was Richard Ayoade

var kesh
var kesh

So i think it would be fair to say the doctor is gender non conforming but probally not acurate to say they are trans.

Out of the options presented it they want a trans person to play the doctor i ask just simply 1 question why…if it is because they are trans they are just tokenising like they did with Jodie and if the writing does not improve again it will fail.
If i had my choice of doctor whoever they were or whatever they identify as they would be ginger (ever since matt smith uttered those lines i have wanted to see it) but of course that alone would not get me back to watching it…the eriting staff needs to be gutted and replaced with people who know how to write chracters and story first…prefable for them to have sci fi experince to

MentoRyuzaki
MentoRyuzaki

Can the entire doctor who community just pretend the timeless child never existed. Would make life so much easier

Crow T Robot From The Satellite Of Love
Crow T Robot From The Satellite Of Love

This is all pointless. Doctor Who is dead, they can't bring him back to life. They killed him.