Is Facebook too powerful? – BBC News

cj
cj

I'm a youtube person haven't used facebook for about 3 year and haven't posted on it for about 5 year

Alan Berger
Alan Berger

Listening to this, it was hard to tell when he talked about Facebooks power, if he realised the irony. The corporate MSM (PRESS) definitely have too much power.
Most of the content the corporate MSM promote is divisive, I am really struggling to see the distinction between the thing being moaned at, and the thing moaning 👀

G G
G G

I long deleted my Facebook! Stop giving them you power by handing over your data to them. Europe should build its own social media giants that Europe controls and pay taxes to Europe. So feeding the beast.

Gotya Gaming
Gotya Gaming

Just one question, why are people still using that old, messy, data stealing platform

Abhinav Moudgalya
Abhinav Moudgalya

This question arised for the first time? I really feel pity for that lizard.

Андрей Пушкарь
Андрей Пушкарь
Nick Lynch
Nick Lynch

I stopped using Facebook about 4 weeks ago.

Alexander TheGreat
Alexander TheGreat

Governments now have to make specific rules and regulations for these platforms which have not been done as we have had an upgrade on technology over the years and we will keep upgrading sooner or later new laws and regulations do need putting in place, just like in the UK with the electronic scooters they are illegal but no one gets stopped by the police using one because there have been no laws put in place for it on Health & Safety, criminality etc. Every company will be about the money I mean thats the point of a business so I don't fully blame Facebook but actually the governments that should govern these technologies, platforms and upgrades. It's a process but a slow one.

Hiprock
Hiprock

I deleted FB back in 2008, and forever no regret.

jock wilson
jock wilson

BBc only gives the version of news it wants you to hear.

AAA Film
AAA Film

Facebook is only for idiots now. If you don’t get it, you’re part of the worlds problems.

Torren Ptz
Torren Ptz

good segment. nice reporting. david bowie win.

s r
s r

Mark Zuckerberg and all his cronies should be in jail…….

Rasul Seidagul
Rasul Seidagul

I think this video is misleading and does not answer its own question nor helps viewers to answer it on their own. Yes, facebook has a power to show you content they want or to ban certain people from their network(and they have all right to do so!). However, it does not have a power over your life or your media environment. You always have an ability to install another news app or social network along side with Facebook(and delete the hated app completly from your device) in just few taps of your finger.

And the most important point I would like spotlight:
if people organize their crimes using some social network, it does not make that social network responsible for that! You will not arrest postal office or phone manufacturer after terrorists used this publicly available services/products. Don't you?

And for the violence happened in the US capitol you better ask from Tramp and people who were direclty responsible for that.

Beloved Of Christ
Beloved Of Christ

Lord Jesus Christ loves you 🤍

Garry
Garry

I can’t understand all the hoo ha
It’s simple. Delete your account. Facebook will always be a cesspit of gossip full stop. Personally I can’t abide the site and detest its arrogant ways of demanding access to all it wants on your device. Faced with those demands I close the page and grant NO access to my personal information. I can’t imagine why anybody would

Banned 5 Times
Banned 5 Times

Wish I never had to pay for the BBC.

Michael Gardiner
Michael Gardiner

Best way to beat this is to turn Facebook off. I did and it’s a great decision for me

Jas Rob
Jas Rob

I deleted Facebook years ago. Not because of BS news stories, but it was useless in my opinion. I don’t care to keep up with my people and a lot of people had dumb opinions. It’s crazy to me how much of a money hungry giant Facebook is becoming and I’m glad I got out when I did.

Nadia Sul ad-Din _____Talya Media Ltd
Nadia Sul ad-Din _____Talya Media Ltd

is the BBC too powerful? Do that next and stop spreading atrocity propaganda

karaoui laredj
karaoui laredj

People need to know that they can leave without Facebook.

oui oui
oui oui

BBC funded by MI6 cold War propagandist shame on you BBC! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDfjIqXJNz8&t=42s