Millennials Are DEPRESSED And They Think That’s What Being An Adult Is Like, They Think It’s NORMAL

Kimi Knows
Kimi Knows

As someone who had depression for decades, it's sad the generation behind mine thinks this is normal.

Papa Burlap
Papa Burlap

Dude, being an adult is awesome! Yeah, you have responsibilities. But you also get to think for yourself and make choices. You can eat fruity pebbles for dinner AND watch cartoons on a Wednesday night free from outside judgement. Its awesome!

Yeah, there are some shitty aspects to being an adult. Bills, responsibilities, the fear if growing older. But, I'd rather work with a therapist on my issues as a grown-up than be relentlessly yelled at for getting a B in algebra. Just Sayin'

Keef Junior
Keef Junior

I kinda did have a favorite spatula, but it started to get get crumbly around the edges, and now I'm on the prowl for a new one.

Ben Covington
Ben Covington

Tim "Holy crap there are so many problems people are dealing with, this depression is crazy!"
Ian "Its the sugar"
Tim "That's an oversimplification"
Ian "But lets talk about sugar"
Tim "Or we talk about the depression we're currently talking about"

…3 minutes later
Tim "Yeah, its crazy where things are going right now"
Ian "Yeah, I always felt most depressed when I was…. eating crappy"
I miss Adam

Kenzo Poe
Kenzo Poe

Is it me or did the population get drastically dumber shortly after social media appeared?

Kanye West
Kanye West

BUCKETS OF OATS LMAO IAN MY MAN

Joey Boedeker
Joey Boedeker

They know they're DOOMED.
Oh well.

MrKevin486
MrKevin486

Yes this is what the vast majority of people are like this now days.

Ranae Ausbrooks
Ranae Ausbrooks

Sounds like a medical issue, hypothyroidism….

Andrew Ahlers
Andrew Ahlers

Also the lack of a Religious like vibe the Christianity used to excell at

Zoom Zoom
Zoom Zoom

The good news is they'll (millennials) experience the worst of the decline and many could live long enough to see the collapse. My sincerest hope is that those who want to live under socialism get their chance to experience it first hand, and to see their kids and grandkids living under socialism as well.

Enjoy the decline.

skeetuschrist
skeetuschrist

need more mf father figures

TheSpecialist 444
TheSpecialist 444

Hit the nail on the head. Thank you for reminding me about why I'm doing what I'm doing. Eating well, working out, trying to find community, and do something for that community.

Allostasis
Allostasis

While sugar can affect your brain chemistry upsetting serotonin and dopamine balance, its has nothing to do with life purpose, growth and relations.

MajorSquiggles
MajorSquiggles

The worst part about actual depression is being told it's something everyone, or at least a lot of people, go through. So not only am I supposed to believe this is "normal" but despite how much suffering it causes there's no solution. Rather than try and make the world better or be better people we're just going to shrug our shoulders and keep digging deeper. That's the millennial answer to everything. The world in itself is shitty rather than the world being the result of shitty people. Rather than standing up for yourself and demanding our right to be happy and free we're going to demand slavery.

Christian Daniel
Christian Daniel

Full disclosure, I do have a favorite spatula. But that's because I love spending time in the kitchen, making tasty food for myself and my family.

Matt Jones
Matt Jones

Kids are told every day by their parents "Oh you think this is hard, wait till your an adult".

Luis E Morales Falcon
Luis E Morales Falcon

Too bad.

sjwalker1973
sjwalker1973

If you don't want to be depressed, GET OFF SOCIAL MEDIA.

mgk920
mgk920

Just like with Calhoun's rat and mouse experiments – remove ALL of the stresses and worries of everyday life from a society and see what happens.

(Hint, it is NOT pretty!)

Mr. F
Mr. F

There is some depression in adulthood, but they tend to be either be things that can be dealt with by doing something, getting something done or needing to talk to someone.

However there are depression states that follow us through the ages.

I know this to be true.

Growing up I was a victim of isolation culture, everyday I was alone, no one wanted to know I existed and if the teacher paired me up with someone for an experiment or study then that person felt they needed to get revenge because I caused them social issues.

Later I learnt to do educational group activities on my own.

So I've always had depression and anxiety from this experience, what makes it worse is it wasn't just the other children some of the teachers were also to blame.

Now we add in ASD and things get harder, I was also unable to lean how to interact with people, it's a hard skill to learn, personally.

It also doesn't help most people look at me funny when I say I have ASD or Autism, most people like to assume I'm "weird" or something.

So that adds to the depression and anxiety in adulthood.

These Gen Z's don't understand what they are talking about.

UrsinRath
UrsinRath

When I eat cheesecake once every 2 months I get depressed…every bite I say to myself "why can't I eat this everyday" with tears running down my cheeks.

cjr4497
cjr4497

Leftist ideology and social media makes everything suck and causes depression. It effects those into it and those that have to deal with the idiots that are into it. I was really depressed and went on a ACT's retreat because I saw how it much it affected people in a positive way. It gave me a chance to completely cut myself off from the modern for just a short few days. WOW!!! It was an eye opener to say the least! You will never realize how much we poison ourselves with news and social media. Do yourselves a favor and go on one. You do not have to be religious or even a Christian to attend. It will breath new life into you that you never realized you lost.

Jeff Lerner
Jeff Lerner

People relating to what you are talking about can be monetized