Edmonton CFL team releases Esikmos replacement nickname choices

K R
K R

Don Iveson is the worst thing that ever happened to Edmonton

John Cheresna
John Cheresna

How about the "PC SJW virtue signallers"

Albert Verkuyl
Albert Verkuyl

Edmonton Emasculated

Elston Solberg
Elston Solberg

This whole think is a complete snowflake joke

Erik Berard
Erik Berard

Eskimos

Rylan Manning
Rylan Manning

Im yelling edmonton everybodys at each and every stamperders game i ever go too

Gerald Talsma
Gerald Talsma

Not watching that woke bullshit league again

Dallas Schaber
Dallas Schaber

ESKIMOS

Prussian Canadian
Prussian Canadian

Here's an idea.
Don't change the name for the sake of virtue signaling to idiots and destroying our culture and heritage.

Jodi Link
Jodi Link

Who cares ,if they sjw themselves they are as dead as the NFL .NHL ,NBA stop watching stop going stop buying their merch …..once they change go to T springs and design your own ,ESKIMOS Jersey

M McGuire
M McGuire

Eskimos, and quit pandering to the BS cancel culture.

Trevor Arthurson
Trevor Arthurson

Don’t change the name, you’re just feeding the Marxists.

John Round
John Round

Call them the Eskimos.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill

I sent this letter last year-
I read with great interest the article by John Hodge from 3 Down Nation regarding the name of our beloved Eskimos. They had some twitter messages which, to me, are the tail wagging the dog. This discussion seems to be continuing regardless of the consultation that The Eskimos had with stakeholders, and the stakeholders overwhelming support for the team.

In the last 2 years, I have attended 2 games with friends from 'up north'. One game was attended by myself, and my friend from Whitehorse, and his mom, who has since passed away. We were treated excellently. Because of my friend's mom's condition, we were allowed to sit in the south end area for physically challenged people. She had so much fun. Did I mention she was full Inuvaluit?

Their favourite team- The Eskimos.

Why?

Because they are the Eskimos. Simple really.

I also attended a game with 2 more friends, 1 from Inuvik (Inuvaluit), and the other from Tuktoyuktuk (Inuktituk)- shout out to Tyson P. and Bill A. Their favourite team?

The Eskimos.

Our First Nation Friends from around the country, and around the world, are quite disinterested in the names of sports teams. More often than not, as with my friends, they are honoured with the recognition.

What they are concerned with, is clean water, substance abuse, youth and adult suicide, cost of living in remote areas, lack of medical facilities and roadways, and cost of fresh food.

These are very important challenges for all people. More so when you live above the Arctic Circle.

I find the people complaining about the name of our team, The Edmonton Eskimos, are trying to find something that is not broken. The major challenges remain, yet these so-called concerned individuals focus on the name.

If they were so concerned about the well-being of the First Nations Peoples, they would actually engage with them and truly look to try to alleviate the real issues. But it is easier to complain to a sports team, than try to get milk to a family in Tuk.

Does anyone realize that Amazon quit free delivery to remote Post Offices?

The people of the North would utilize this to get access to less expensive dry goods- but no more. What about this Amazon? Canada Post?

Sadly, my 25th season as a seat holder is kind of a dud. But I will continue to support. My friend in Inuvik is looking forward to see the Eskimos beat Calgary.

I was able to meet the new Head Coach in Sherwood Park this winter- good guy. I made sure to let him know how important it is to beat Calgary.

Ward McComiskey