Gina Carano fired by Lucasfilm/Disney? Is no one even addressing the real issue here?

Mark L
Mark L

"Freedom of your speech" and "freedom of consequences of your speech" are two separate things entirely. The government is not censoring her – a corporation is. This is about as American as it gets people. Freedom of market, freedom of business, freedom of owners working only with who they choose to. That's capitalism. Don't like? Get a helmet.

Zachary Lewis
Zachary Lewis

I don’t think the post is bad in itself. The argument was, much like your videos, logical, coherent and sensible. I understand the point she was making. It wasn’t “anti semitic”

Frazier in Motion
Frazier in Motion

Pascal's posts are far more egregious and it's not even close.
Gina wasn't fired for offensive posts. She was fired to appease a rage mob that wanted her crucified for wrongthink.

ProjectCambrian
ProjectCambrian

I'll summon Gina's message up in Star Wars lingo so it's Clear for Everyone.

"Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate and Hate leads to Suffering!"

Yoda AND Gina were RIGHT about this very thing.

Throwback Thursday
Throwback Thursday

Ah yes calling people out for something is being anti Semitic.

This comment won’t stop them because they can’t read!!

no name
no name

The first amendment only protects from government taking action against you, not private companies. I think this is an issue we are currently struggling with as private companies now have more ability to negativity impact our private lives than government, but that is where we stand today. However, if you look at the James Gunn situation where they fired him with out any warning or ceremony, and this situation where she was giving three warnings and promised not to make these sorts of statements anymore, I think it's hard to say that there is a double standard against her in this.

sweatybigbird 13
sweatybigbird 13

I'm personal glad she was fired she did deserve it. However rian Johnson, Pablo hidalgo, Kathleen Kennedy, and the host of high republic should be fired too, for reasons like insulting fans and being racist towards white people and for ruining movies all in the name of feminism

Janis Dehandschutter
Janis Dehandschutter

I usually agree with you but I find the firing a good thing

Elijah Elvis
Elijah Elvis

It’s not the way. F Disney. I canceled. I’m done w the weirdos.

Felipe Weber
Felipe Weber

By firing her, they just confirmed what she said.

Gulfwulf
Gulfwulf

"It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain a thought without necessarily agreeing with it." – Aristotle.

Basilides Strategou
Basilides Strategou

What's funny — and it seems nobody's noticing or commenting — is Gina's dismissal proved her right. Thus, in one way, her being fired was important to prove her point of view.

Brain Sync
Brain Sync

Speaking of double standards, Krystina Arielle and Justina Ireland, very controversial tweets, even attacking fans directly, but they still have their jobs at Lucasfilm…

Nicci Starkiller
Nicci Starkiller

I agree with you on this 100% Gina has all right to speak her mind just like the ones who has wanted.to cancel her does. USA is a democracy and have freedom of speach doesn't is it. Democrasy and freedom of speach doesn't really exist anymore. You can say anything you want, as long as you follow these roules and dont meansion this and that. Like in any dictatorship. This is a way to control people and its getting worse every year. The thing that people don't think for themselves anymore just makes everything worse Hope we get Gina back

Steven Ellard
Steven Ellard

Well said Thor always love your videos

AJ
AJ

I hear what you’re trying to say, but comparing republicans to Jews ain’t it no matter how you slice it. Capital rioters, those against racial equality, those anti lgbtq, proud boys, kkk, and the ones ACTUALLY acting like nazis, all one thing in common, they followed trump, and claimed republican. Tried to look at this critically, but end of the day she was outta pocket on this one fam.

shadowraven2006
shadowraven2006

I have to respectfully disagree. I do not think she was trying to say anything to caution people away from extremism. I saw in her post a, for lack of a better term, persecution complex. Saying "you're all being conditioned to hate me, and people like me for our views" and a suggestion that Conservatives are at risk of being rounded up, imprisoned, and killed.Which is frankly wrong. Nothing like that is happening, except there is being more and more of a pushback against racism, and bigotry, of all kinds. If, however, I were to give her the benefit of doubt, and assume she was trying to encourage away from extremism, and the public tearing down of people over their views, considering the things she has said, and been cautioned about in the past, she picked a terrible way of saying it, and a terrible time for it as well. With the news being awash with the Capitol attack and politically motivated violence that resulted in the current impeachment trial. Honestly, people are tired, hurt, and angry, and what she did just poured more fuel onto the fire of emotions. I can't blame Lucasfilm and Disney for letting her go.

WGonz
WGonz

She’s didn’t say anything offensive

Warren McDonald
Warren McDonald

Gina said Nazis were bad. Disney immediately defends Nazis by firing her. Why would you defend Nazis, unless you are one?

ProjectCambrian
ProjectCambrian

Oh and a Thought Occurs to me. As the Reasoning for her firing is, to me any way, THIN AS FUCK and Not a Firing Worthy Offense…there IS the PLAUSIBILITY that This was Kathleen Kennedy taking her 'parting shot' at the Mandalorian for being a success while she's been absolutely Destructive to Everything shes been involved with Since she became Lucas President.
It Stinks of it as a Possibility but I'm keeping as a PLAUSIBILITY or a mere Theory unless something comes out to say something either way or Different.

Lee Colbert
Lee Colbert

Self-inflicted wound. Whether some in here agree or not, Carano failed to read the room. If I'm wrong about the previous sentence then she obviously didn't care enough to worry about the consequences. Whataboutisms are irrelevant.

Texas Slim
Texas Slim

Tyrion Lannister said it best 'By cutting out a man's tongue you haven't proven him wrong, You have only shown that you fear what he might have to say'

Jurassic Room
Jurassic Room

Making the holocaust an analogy almost never works but she was right in this case in terms of the government denigrating the citizens of the opposition.

Abdi Mohamud
Abdi Mohamud

Couldn't agree more in my opinion though at the end of the day. Money is the end all, Disney is a company that's left on social issues but tends to be right to center right on economical issues. Though one can argue the hypocrisy and rightly so. I think they took a calculation and thought firing her was best option good or bad.

Simon Dahlberg
Simon Dahlberg

You are without doubt one of my favorite YouTubers. I might agree and did it amusing when other people like TSWG and others when they talk about "the other side", but I love to hear a resonabel person who does not come with any sort of attacks on people. You only bring out common sense and good, respectfully represented arguments, love your style man👍