The Special Edition change that ‘ruins’ part of Vader & Luke’s Story (Exploring Star Wars)

Öntas Bülent
Öntas Bülent

Hello there

Luke B
Luke B

Hello there!

I'mTheReverse
I'mTheReverse

Best special edition: Jedi Rocks!! Song is a banger

Prest Easy
Prest Easy

Let’s not forget the best part of the special editions is the song “Victory and Celebration” at the end of ROTJ

Ryan
Ryan

The only special editions I don't mind is the Hayden add, Palpatine, and Victory Celebration.

RicardoAGuitar
RicardoAGuitar

Original: Vader, his voice hoarse with emotion after encountering his son for the first time: "Bring my shuttle."

SE Version: "ALERT MY STAR DESTROYER TO PREPARE FOR MY ARRIVAL."

Laaaaame.

Edit: Wow, I got it right.

SilverSpireZ
SilverSpireZ

Least favorite change is probably Vader yelling “NO!” in the 2011 version of Return of the Jedi. It completely kills one of the most powerful moments in the entire saga. A perfect example of why often, less is more.

AnthonyYouTubeFan
AnthonyYouTubeFan

Yes, Thor: "Bring my shuttle…" said a good deal about where Darth Vader's mind-set was, after dueling and losing his Son.

Devin Brice
Devin Brice

I'm still surprised that they would really go back and change anything

DrMaxwell and MineCD DP
DrMaxwell and MineCD DP

✝️
Fellowship invite

Mcu Fanboy2008
Mcu Fanboy2008

I think there's a change that I didn't like at first but now do, that being Boba Fett's voice being dubbed over in ESB. At first I didn't really like this change but now it feels more natural and consistent after seeing the Mandalorian

And just for the record I still like Jason Wingreen's voice, I just prefer Temuera's voice. Hopefully both versions are released officially so we can enjoy both

PJack05
PJack05

I get the idea behind the SE's; George didn't have the technology at the time to fully do what he wanted. But the problem is most of the changes range from 'unnecessary' to 'ruining the film' (aside from a few). Having more meaningful changes and still keeping the theatrical cuts available would have made them more acceptable.